Hello PSHP Families and Students
· Carnival Fundraiser
· The PSHP Friends’ are looking for donations for the baskets for the Silent Auction for the Carnival Fundraiser. You can bring a basket already filled with goodies or bring items to add to a basket. Some ideas for baskets are: Movie, Student, Women’s, Men’s, Summer, Farm, Garden. Drop off donations at the Information Table.
· Contest Friday, March 31 SAVE ALL DAY FROM 8-5. Times will be announced in March.
Schedule will be all day to get all 23 performing classes in the Sanctuary.
Each performing ensemble will have their picture taken for the Yearbook, directly after their performance
Friday, January 13
1:45-3:45 Leanne Williams
Announcements for January 13
· Room changes for today only, due to year book pictures:
o 8:45 Beginner Band will meet all together in the Youth Room
o 10:00 Intermediate Band will meet all together in Room 205
o 12:45 Independent Theory will meet in Room 203
o 1:45 Music Composition will meet in Room 212 (or Room 103 if needed)
o 2:45 Bach Theory 2 will meet in Room 202
· 12:10 in Room A150-adult and student theory teacher’s meeting. This is the room right across from the PSHP Music Office.
· January fees are due for 3 Fridays, plus $7 church usage fee. I forgot to put this in the email last week, but most of your remembered!!
· Yearbook head shots will be taking of all students, staff, and teachers today in Room 210–211. Students will be escorted with their classes. Wear anything as long as it meets the dress code.
· Federation Deadline to sign up is TODAY. This is an optional contest is Saturday, March 4 at Evangel. Sign up and pay at the Payment Table. $20 per solo or small ensemble, $10 for theory exam.
· All performing ensemble classes and theory classes will start written student evaluations, but this process can take several weeks. If the students have their parent sign their evaluation, they will be given a ticket or candy if they bring it back to class.
Friday, January 20
1:45-3:45 Leslie Patterson
Friday, January 20
12:10 Friend’s Meeting in Room 203. Open to any teacher or parent. Bring your lunch and any ideas.
We will be finalizing plans for the Fundraiser Carnival on February 18.
Friday, January 27
11:45 Pizza Friday. (Orders are due 1/25/23) I will send out a sign up genius by January 20 to order your slices of pizza.
12:15 Graduation Meeting in the Sanctuary
Saturday, February 18
Carnival “Fun”draiser at Asbury from 11-3. Silent Auction of baskets, gourmet desserts, art, carnival games, cupcake walk, PSHP performers
Upcoming community concert opportunities
1. Saturday, January 14 7:30 at JKH Hall.
Springfield Symphony Concert featuring cellist Daniel Ketter on a premiere piece, Rhapsody for Cello, Lully Ballet Suite, and the Sibelius Symphony No. 2.
Students tickets available for $12.50, adult tickets are $19 and up.
2. Tuesday, January 24 at High Street Baptist at either 10:30 or 1:00.
FREE Young People’s Concert presented by the Springfield Symphony. Length: an hour.
3. Saturday, February 4 7:30 at JKH Hall.
Springfield Symphony will present Paginini’s Violin Concerto No. 1 performed by guest violinist Mukhiddinov and Prokofiev’s Romeo and Juliet. Need to purchase a ticket.