PSHP ANNOUNCEMENTS for FRIDAY 10/28/22
- Please see below for notes for both this week and at the bottom for the near future events.
- Newly added are dates for Senior Pictures and Sibling Photos.
- See below for Christmas Concert Announcements!!
Hall Monitors for October 28, 2022
(Meet at the Information Table for more instructions)
8:45-11:00 Heather McClain, Michelle Waggoner, Kelsey Cain
11:00-1:00 Melissa Kimmons
12:45-2:45 Diann Ruesch
1:45-3:45 Misty Brower
NOTES for Friday, October 28, 2022
Friday is another busy day at Play and Sing His Praises:
- Graduation Meeting at 12:10 in the Sanctuary. This is our first meeting and to talk over things to be thinking about. This is not a commitment to participate in PSHP graduation on Saturday, May 20, but just an overview.
- Parking lot issues: The building construction workers had to move their supplies to the end of the drop off line aisle. You can still drop off under the covered walkway, but you will have to turn around to exit the parking lot. This could cause some extra congestion.
- Beginner Band will be combined this week at 8:45 and all students will meet in the Youth Room.
- Intermediate Band will be combined this week at 10:00 and all students will meet in Room 210-211.
- Photo Information for Photo Days at Fassnight Park on Friday, October 28 and Friday, November 4: Sign up for a time below. Seniors sign up for 30 minutes, others sign up for 15 minute slots. Please try to avoid class time conflicts. Please see attached item for ordering information
- Pizza Day on Friday, October 28. Meet at the window of the Kitchen between 11:45 and 12:15. Orders have already been placed, but there will be extra pizza ordered that will be available on a first come-first serve basis. Be prepared to pay $1.25 per slice of pizza in cash or check.
Adoration Band Football Pep Band INFORMATION
Location Change to Parkview High School and time change to game start at 7:30.
Band members arrive by 6:00pm
- Adoration Band will play as a pep band for the Chargers football game on Oct.28th –
- LOCATION CHANGE — NOW PARKVIEW HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL STADIUM!
- Students need to arrive at 6pm so they can find our set up area in the home stands and have their equipment there by 6:15pm. Band students will get in free. Parents/family members there will be a entry fee — I’m guessing between $3-5 each? (Game time has changed to 7:30pm)
- Students need to bring their stands and clothespins or other clips to help hold their music. They should also pay attention to the weather forecast. Dressing in layers is very good – the temp can fall quickly after sunset.
- When will they be done? Good question! If the weather is great and a good close game we could be there until 9:30pm or when the game ends. If it turns very cold – we may exit a little earlier. I will try to share the plan during classes on Friday at PSHP.
- If your student needs help arranging a ride for the game, please let me know ASAP via the google survey —- Google Survey – https://forms.gle/
DbSC7WUUZWc9mZBLA to help me collect transportation information for Oct. 28th.
Teacher Luncheon Sign Ups to bring food and for all adult teachers to reserve their spot!!
- To sign up to bring food for Teacher’s Luncheon, click on this link:
- Teacher Luncheon Sign up for all adult PSHP teachers to reserve their spot for lunch on
Friday, November 4. Deadline is October 31.
Please be sure to sign up to be Hall Monitor for 3 shifts (2 hour shifts). The sign-up sheet is at the information table. The hall monitors walk around inside the building and keep order: check on students running around, no students mingling in the stairwells, etc.
- Your fees include two hours per week. If your child can not take their theory class at the regularly scheduled time due to a scheduling conflict, please plan on attending an Independent Theory Class. There are 3 choices for this class:
2. Music that has been ordered will be delivered to classes soon. Some of the music is still on backorder.
3. High School girls in advance classes will need to order a concert dress if they did not order one already. See Hannah Hood for more information or check at the Information Table.
4. PSHP T-shirt have been ordered. The shirts will be here the first part of November.
- Please check your weekly assignments on Gibbon.
- Bring a pencil to all of your classes. Everyone will need a pencil with their music or in their music folder, as well as for their theory classes.
- No running inside the church please.
CHOIR rehearsal links for music to listen and/or rehearse with
Mezzo/Singers playlist link:
Concert Choir/Bel Canto playlist links:
The tracks are at www.drheathernelson.com/
There’s also a YouTube playlist with the songs at
Yearbook Class for this Year
Yearbook class will meet tomorrow at 12:10 in Room 210-211. We are still looking for some more students to help with Yearbook. Please show up at 12:10 to Room 210-211.
Notes for Gibbon Website
- Emails in the future will be coming from Gibbon. Please add the PSHP email to your folder so it does not go to your SPAM folder or junk folder. PSHP_music@live.com
- Log into Gibbon to see your class schedule, assignments, etc. HTTPS://portal.
- If you don’t have your Gibbon login or have any Gibbons quesitons email Le Ann Price at PSHPenroll@gmail.com
- Families that were registered in Gibbon last year, should be able to log in and add siblings. Don’t worry if you have trouble with Gibbons, as we have been having trouble also!
Hall Monitors for November 4, 2022 (Meet at the Information Table for more instructions) Notebook was left at Asbury so I don’t have this information.
8:45-11:00 Michelle Waggoner, Hungerford, Anelza Adkins
11:00-1:00 Rachel Bell
12:45-2:45 Amy Arbuckle, Laura Smyer
1:45-3:45 Rachel Harrel
Sibling pictures and Senior Pictures will be available on Friday, November 4.
Combined Rehearsals of Advanced Classes
- All students involved in the concert on Saturday, December 3 will have combined rehearsals at noon in the Asbury Sanctuary from 12:00-12:30 on Friday, November 11, November 18, December 2. Please make sure that every student who is performing in the Handel’s Messiah Hallelujah Chorus or in Is He Worthy? can attend all 3 of these Friday rehearsals in preparation for our December 3 concert. Look below to see if your class is included!
Christmas Concert Plans
- All students will be performing in each performing class that they are enrolled for our Christmas Concerts. Check carefully for dates and locations!!
- Classes with High School classes in advanced classes will have a concert on Saturday, December 3 at 2:00. Location to be announced soon. Warm-ups could begin at Noon. Save from Noon to 4:45 on this day. Classes include: Bel Canto, Concert Choir, Beethoven, Brahms, Adoration Band, Jazz Band, Flute Ensemble, Praise and Worship, Classical Guitar Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble, and Harp Ensemble.
- The younger less advanced classes of beginners and intermediate classes will have their concert as a come and go event at Asbury on Friday, December 9 from 3:00-6:00. Their warm-ups will be around 20 minutes before their performance time. Classes include: Beginner Orchestra (all violin, viola, cello, and harps), Intermediate Orchestra, Advance Intermediate Orchestra, Bach Orchestra, Young Beginner Guitar, 8:45 Class of Older Beginner Guitar, 10:00 Class of Older Beginner Guitar, Intermediate Guitar, Recorder Class, Beginner Bell Class, Beginner Band Class, Intermediate Band Class, Singers Choir, and Mezzo Choir.
Performance Times are listed by class below
- 3:00 Beginner Orchestra
- 3:15 Recorder Class
- 3:25 Younger Beginner Guitar Class
- 3:40 8:45 Class of Older Beginner Guitar Class
- 3:55 Beginner Bell Class
- 4:10 Singers Choir
- 4:20 10:00 Class of Older Beginner Guitar Class
- 4:30 Beginner Band Class
- 4:45 Intermediate Orchestra
- 5:00 Intermediate Guitar
- 5:10 Intermediate Band
- 5:25 Advance Intermediate Orchestra
- 5:40 Mezzo Choir
- 5:50 Bach Orchestra
- Save the date, Saturday, February 18 from 11-3 for our fundraiser. Events will include cupcake/cookie walk, carnival type games, face painting, gourmet food or desserts auction, silent auction, art auction for a cause, plus student performances, and hotdogs and hamburgers for lunch.
- All performers at the Carnival will need to prepare their performance music for an audition on Friday, January 13. Musicians will need to be 12 years old or older. The groups can be solos or a small ensemble of 8 people are less. They can pick serious music or funny music or do a skit, juggling, or read a poem.
If you have anything that you would like to donate for a basket for the silent auction the items can be dropped off at the Information Table.