Hello PSHP Families,
Please see below for notes for both this week and at the bottom for the near
Hall Monitors for September 30, 2022 (Meet at the Information Table for more
8:45-11:00 Amanda Demster, Sam Snow, Kelsey Cain
11:00-1:00 Kaylin Joseph
12:45-2:45 Diann Rusch
1:45-3:45 Amanda Gann
NOTES for Friday, September 30, 2022
1. Last Friday was our first payment day. Each month, September through
April, you will pay for 3 Fridays of classes and a $7 church usage fee. The
payment table will be open from 8:45 to 3:00 and is located in the
Fellowship Hall, just outside of the Sanctuary. Please pay this week for
September classes if you were unable to pay last week. I know there were
issues with the credit card reader. We are working on that.
2. Pizza Day is this Friday, September 30. Deadline to order was
yesterday, but we did order a few extras that will be available on a first
come basis. Bring cash or check to the kitchen window from 11:45ish to
12:30. Each slice is $1.25. Bring your own drinks or soda is available
from the pop machine for 75 cents.
3. PSHP Family Picnic Day is this Saturday, October 1 at Smith Park from
11:30-2:30. Address is 1536 E. Division. Bring your lunch and a dessert to
share. There is a softball diamond, tennis court, playground equipment, and
a covered pavilion. Bring the whole family.
4. Please be sure that each family has signed up to be hall monitor for 3
shifts (2 hour shifts). The sign-up sheet is at the information table. The
hall monitors walk around inside the building and keep order: check on
students running around, no students mingling in the stairwells, etc.
5. Your fees include two hours per week. If your child can not take their
theory class at the regularly scheduled time due to a scheduling conflict,
please plan on attending an Independent Theory Class. There are 3 choices
for this class:
12:45 Room 210-211
2:45 Room 205
10:00 Wiggle Room off of the Sanctuary
6. Orchestra classes will announce seat tryout results this Friday
7. Music that has been ordered will be delivered to classes soon. Some of
the music is still on backorder
8. If you signed up to help, please check the Non-teaching help list for
your assignments. Ask at the Information Table if you have any questions or
need any help.
* Set Up Crews-Please try to rearrange the room as little as
possible. If there are tables in the room, and you need the additional
space, please leave the tables up and push towards the wall. There will be
post-it notes and pictures on the classroom doors that you are assigned to.
Many rooms will have to have extra chairs. Some rooms will need tables for
theory, as well as a keyboard. Keyboards are stored in the Music Library or
on the second floor storage closet near Room 203. Stop by the Information
Table if you have questions.
* Clean Up Crews-Please restore the room and use the picture of the
room on the back of the door sign as your guide. Stop by the Information
Table when you are done with your job! Please clean and restore your room even if someone is in there.
9. I have attached the teacher chart, if you want to know your children’s
teachers and their room numbers.
10. High School girls in advance classes will need to order a concert dress
if they did not order one already. See Hannah Hood for more information or
check at the Information Table.
1. Please check your weekly assignments on Gibbon.
2. Bring a pencil to all of your classes. Everyone will need a pencil with
their music or in their music folder, as well as for their theory classes.
3. No running inside the church please.
PSHP T-shirt Sales
Orders for PSHP T-shirts will be starting tomorrow and going through
through Friday, October 21. There will be here the first part of November.
Stop by the Information Table to see the options for short sleeve t-shirts,
polo shirts, or hoodies.
These also make good Christmas presents.
We are using the same design as last year and will put in another order in
Last Year’s Yearbooks
Last year’s yearbooks are here and will be at the Information Table. Each
book that was ordered has your name on the back of the book. Please be sure
to take the right book. People at the Information Table will cross your
name off of the list.
Yearbook Class for this Year
Yearbook class will meet most Fridays at 12:10 in Room 210-211. We are
still looking for some more students to help with Yearbook. Please show up
at 12:10 to Room 210-211.
Notes for Gibbon Website
1. Emails in the future will be coming from Gibbon. Please add the PSHP
email to your folder so it does not go to your SPAM folder or junk folder.
2. Log into Gibbon to see your class schedule, assignments, etc.
3. If you don’t have your Gibbon login or have any Gibbons quesitons email
Le Ann Price at <mailto:PSHPenroll@gmail.com> PSHPenroll@gmail.com
4. Families that were registered in Gibbon last year, should be able to log
in and add siblings. Don’t worry if you have trouble with Gibbons, as we
have been having trouble also!
Hall Monitors for October 7, 2022 (Meet at the Information Table for more
8:45-11:00 Cheryl Evemy, Michelle Waggoner
11:00-1:00 Amy Arbuckle, Rachel Bell
12:45-2:45 Kristy Sickles
1:45-3:45 Rachel Harrel
1. Teacher’s Meeting for all adult teachers Friday, October 7 at 12:10 in
Saturday, October 8 at 7:00 pm at Evangel Chapel Auditorium is the Heritage
of Hymns Concert. This is a free concert that has an offering.
2. Friday, October 14 is PSHP Fall Break.
3. Saturday, October 15 at 7:30 is the Springfield Symphony Concert at
JKHammons Hall. Concert will include Brahms 4th Symphony and Barber’s
Violin Concerto. Student tickets can be bought at the Hammons Hall box
office for $12 cash.
4. Friday, October 21 is the Hand Me Around where you can bring clothes or
books to bless others. All are welcome to bring and take items for free.
All leftover items will be donated to a shelter.