Hello PSHP Families,
Please see below for notes for both this week and at the bottom for the near
Newly added are dates for Senior Pictures and Sibling Photos.
No classes will meet next week, Friday, October 14 during our Fall Break,
which also coincides with Asbury’s Fall Bazaar.
Hall Monitors for October 7, 2022 (Meet at the Information Table for more
8:45-11:00 Cheryl Evemy, Michelle Waggoner
11:00-1:00 Amy Arbuckle, Rachel Bell
12:45-2:45 Kristy Sickles
1:45-3:45 Rachel Harrel
NOTES for Friday, October 7, 2022
1. Friday is our October payment day. Each month, September through April,
you will pay for 3 Fridays of classes and a $7 church usage fee. The
payment table will be open from 8:45 to 3:00 and is located in the
Fellowship Hall, just outside of the Sanctuary.
2. Class room changes for tomorrow only: The older beginner violin class
will meet in the music/choir room down the hallway on the north hallway and
not in the Sanctuary.
3. Parking lot issues: The parking lot has been freshly asphalted and
painted this week. The building construction workers had to move their
supplies to the end of the drop off line aisle. You can still drop off
under the covered walkway, but you will have to turn around to exit the
parking lot. This could cause some extra congestion.
4. Teacher’s Meeting for all Adult PSHP teachers at 12:10 in Room 203.
Bring your lunch with you!
5. Please be sure to sign up to be Hall Monitor for 3 shifts (2 hour
shifts). The sign-up sheet is at the information table. The hall monitors
walk around inside the building and keep order: check on students running
around, no students mingling in the stairwells, etc.
6. Your fees include two hours per week. If your child can not take their
theory class at the regularly scheduled time due to a scheduling conflict,
please plan on attending an Independent Theory Class. There are 3 choices
for this class:
12:45 Room 210-211
2:45 Room 205
10:00 Wiggle Room off of the Sanctuary
7. Music that has been ordered will be delivered to classes soon. Some of
the music is still on backorder
8. If you signed up to help, please check the Non-teaching help list for
your assignments. Ask at the Information Table if you have any questions or
need any help.
* Set Up Crews-Please try to rearrange the room as little as
possible. If there are tables in the room, and you need the additional
space, please leave the tables up and push towards the wall. There will be
post-it notes and pictures on the classroom doors that you are assigned to.
Many rooms will have to have extra chairs. Some rooms will need tables for
theory, as well as a keyboard. Keyboards are stored in the Music Library or
on the second floor storage closet near Room 203. Stop by the Information
Table if you have questions.
* Clean Up Crews-Please restore the room and use the picture of the
room on the back of the door sign as your guide. Stop by the Information
Table when you are done with your job! Please clean and restore your room
even if someone is in there.
9. High School girls in advance classes will need to order a concert dress
if they did not order one already. See Hannah Hood for more information or
check at the Information Table.
1. Please check your weekly assignments on Gibbon.
2. Bring a pencil to all of your classes. Everyone will need a pencil with
their music or in their music folder, as well as for their theory classes.
3. No running inside the church please.
PSHP T-shirt Sales
Orders for PSHP T-shirts will be going through Friday, October 21. The
shirts will be here the first part of November.
Stop by the Information Table to see the options for short sleeve t-shirts,
polo shirts, or hoodies.
These also make good Christmas presents.
We are using the same design as last year and will put in another order in
Last Year’s Yearbooks
Last year’s yearbooks are here and will be at the Information Table. Each
book that was ordered has your name on the back of the book. Please be sure
to take the right book. People at the Information Table will cross your
name off of the list.
Yearbook Class for this Year
Yearbook class will meet tomorrow at 12:10 in Room 210-211. We are still
looking for some more students to help with Yearbook. Please show up at
12:10 to Room 210-211.
Notes for Gibbon Website
1. Emails in the future will be coming from Gibbon. Please add the PSHP
email to your folder so it does not go to your SPAM folder or junk folder.
2. Log into Gibbon to see your class schedule, assignments, etc.
3. If you don’t have your Gibbon login or have any Gibbons quesitons email
Le Ann Price at <mailto:PSHPenroll@gmail.com> PSHPenroll@gmail.com
4. Families that were registered in Gibbon last year, should be able to log
in and add siblings. Don’t worry if you have trouble with Gibbons, as we
have been having trouble also!
Hall Monitors for October 21, 2022 (Meet at the Information Table for more
8:45-11:00 Sam Snow, Cheryl Evemy
11:00-1:00 Amanda Kotlarczyk, Melissa Kimmons
12:45-2:45 Amanda Gann
1:45-3:45 Hollie Marling
1. Saturday, October 8 at 7:00 pm at Evangel Chapel Auditorium is the
Heritage of Hymns Concert. This is a free concert that has an offering.
2. Friday, October 14 is PSHP Fall Break.
3. Saturday, October 15 at 7:30 is the Springfield Symphony Concert at
JKHammons Hall. Concert will include Brahms 4th Symphony and Barber’s
Violin Concerto. Student tickets can be bought at the Hammons Hall box
office for $12 cash.
4. Friday, October 21 is the Hand Me Around where you can bring clothes or
books to bless others. All are welcome to bring and take items for free.
All leftover items will be donated to a shelter.
5. Come to the Parent Mixer on Friday, October 21 at either 10:00 am or
2:00 pm and meet other parents. There will be information to hand out about
the lingo of PSHP and a time to ask any questions. Take time to also check
out the Hand Me Around where you can bless others and/or pick up blessings
6. Sibling pictures and Senior Pictures will be available on Friday,
October 28 and Friday, November 4. Watch for more details.