Hello PSHP Families and Students
We are gearing up for Contest on March 31 with beautiful music!! Please save the whole day on March 31 as the schedule will be a warm-up and performance time in the Sanctuary with the judges These will be scheduled one performing class at a time from 8:00 to 5:00. That schedule will be out by March 17.
- PSHP T-shirts and PSHP graduation shirts will be on sale through tomorrow, March 10. Prices and color examples will be at the Information Table.
- Stop by the Information Table to sign a card for the businesses who donated to our FUNdraiser.
3 Laura Krurger’s theory classes are looking for any old donated cell phones to play Kahoots to test their musical knowledge. Please turn in any to the Information Table
- Stop by the Information Table to pick up information about ordering Yearbooks. There are three different flyers with TreeRing information. Congratulations to Arielle Mann who won the Yearbook design cover.
- 5. No classes on Friday, March 17 during Spring Break
- Adjusted schedule on Friday, March 31. No music theory classes. The only events that will happen on this day are warm-up and contest for all performing groups.
- 7. No classes on Friday, April 7 during Easter Break
- Our Hand Me Around free exchange event for clothes, books, etc. will be on Friday March 24. Any lost and found items will also be added to these tables in March 24. You are welcome to drop off and/or take as many items that you can use, as we bless others. Please help put them put items on the correct table by type according to the signs. Spring Break will be a good time to sort through items at hour house.
- Check out the Lost and Found Items in front of the Sanctuary Doors. Julia Guthrie will be taking pictures of the lost items and posting them on the PSHP families Facebook Page. The Lost and Found items will be given away after March 24, so please check over the growing pile for any lost items.
- Please reserve the space behind the Information Table only for those people who are signed up to work. These ladies are busy planning and checking on things each Friday.
- Contest Friday, March 31 SAVE ALL DAY FROM 8-5. Times will be announced in March.
Schedule will be all day to get all 23 performing classes in the Sanctuary.
Each performing ensemble will have their picture taken for the Yearbook, directly after their performance
- Renovare Bible Book Club will be at 10:00 in the Minister’s Office at the end of the south hallway This is open to anyone adult who is interested. Come check it out!! Tom Vansant, Asbury’s minister, will be leading this. They will start with the book Learning Humility by Richard Foster and is a 6-7 week study through Friday, March 24.
- Teachers and Student Teachers please RSVP by signing up for our meeting next month at our Luncheon on April 14.
- Student teacher sign up:
- Adult teacher sign up:
Friday, March 10
Hall Monitors (Bring a snack for the Coffee Bar to sell, if you can. All proceeds benefit PSHP)
8:45-11:00 Janette Shipley, Alicia McKnight
11:00-12:00 Angel Townsend
11:00-1:00 Debbie Freeland
12:45-2:45 Janette Shipley
1:45-3:45 Leslie Patterson
Announcements for March 10
- All Beginner Band and Beginner Orchestra classes will combine in their larger ensemble for the rest of March in preparation for Music Contest on March 31. Beginner Band students will meet in the Youth Room at 8:45 and all Beginner Orchestra students will meet in the Sanctuary at 8:45.
- PSHP Friends Meeting at 12:10 in Room 203
- Theory Teacher’s Meeting at 12:10 in Room 150.
- March payments were due for 3 Fridays last week.
- Most of the music that was ordered in December or January has arrived. Come to the Payment Table if you are missing any music.
- We will have a time for make-up picture day on the same day as Music Contest on March 31. This will also be the day for the group ensemble pictures for the Yearbook.
- Stop by the Information Table to order a PSHP or Senior Tshirt, sign a thank you card for the businesses that donated to our fundraiser, and to vote on the Yearbook Cover Design…
- Yearbook is also looking for any people or groups that would like to sponsor or advertise in our Yearbook. More details soon.
- All performing ensemble classes and theory classes should be finishing up with written student evaluations, but this process can take several weeks. If the students have their parent sign their evaluation, they will be given a ticket or candy if they bring it back to class.
Friday, March 24
Hall Monitors (Bring goodies to donate to the Coffee Bar to sell. The profits of the Coffee Bar are donated to PSHP.)
8:45-11:00 Alicia McKnight, Kristin Walker
11:00-1:00 Laura Smyer
12:45-2:45 Stephanie Davies
1:45-3:45 Rachel Harrel
NOTES for March 24:
- Bring in items for the Hand Me Around free clothing and book exchange
- March 24 is a Pizza Friday. We will send out a sign up for pizza next week over Spring Break, that will be due by Wednesday March 22
Thank you to the Brahm’s Orchestra Class that played for the Daughter’s of the American Revolution this past week. The DAR gave a $50 donation to PSHP for our performance.
The Friends of PSHP who do so much for PSHP!!
Upcoming Community Concert Opportunities
- 1.Saturday, March 11 7:30 at JKH Hall. Springfield Symphony will present a concert about the music of Clara Schumann, Robert Schumann, and Johannes Brahms. There will also be narration about the composers, their music, and their friendships. Please purchase a ticket. Student tickets are $12.50 if paid by cash and a little more expensive if paid by credit card. These is a special buy one get one free for this concert only
Upcoming Area Opportunities
- March 10-11 The Family Reformation Homeschool Conference at Copeland Theater in Branson. Check out more details at:
Prayer Concerns- Lord hear our prayers
- Suzanne Koepke’s family on the death of her father, Denny DePriest.
- Families affected by the weather.
- Kristin Gram’s mom is on hospice for cancer and took a turn for the worse this week. Kristin will be in Austin with her parents.
- Many people who have sickness or sickness in their families.
- Amber Phillip’s mom has 2 more chemo treatments.
- Sally Doyle for her wrist.
- Beth Falukos’ daughter in-law Hannah, will have surgery March 28 to remove a tumor.