Hello PSHP Families and Students
We are gearing up for Contest on March 31 with beautiful music and getting ready for fun and a PSHP Carnival FUNdraiser on Saturday, February 18. We are in need of volunteers at the Children’s Game area and for people to bring individually wrapped cupcakes or cookies for the cake walk. See below to sign up. Please preorder food by midnight tonight so our cooks know how much food to buy!!
- Carnival Fundraiser Saturday, February 18. Performance time is 1:00 pm in the Sanctuary for those performers who auditioned. Please invite guests to our event!!
- Stop by the Information Table and vote for the King of the Carnival. The King will get a Pie in the Face at the Carnival around 2:30. Vote for Kevin DeMera, Chuck Posiel, Dan Updegrave, or Mark Pellegrino. Votes will cost $1 per vote or $5 for 6 votes. Anyone can vote!! We will have pictures of our Kings in case you don’ t know them!!
- Please sign up to volunteer for our carnival on Saturday, February 18.
- We still need more volunteers at the children’s game area from 11:00-1:00. High school students may also volunteer to help.
- We still need more volunteers to bring in individually wrapped or packaged cupcakes or cookies for the cake walk!!
Carnival Schedule for February 18
9:00 Set Up and Prep. We will need help moving out the Cold Weather Shelter cots or consolidating them.
11-1:00 Purchase all tickets and pay for all silent auction items at the Cashier Table
Carnival Games (Tic tac toe, bean bag toss, duck pond, bowling, 4 in a row, Gumbo checkers, plinco game, Basketball mesh game)
Silent Auction Items will be bid on in the Fellowship Hall. Bidding closes at 2:30
11:30-1:00 Lunch from 11:30-1:00
Please preorder your food so we can get the quantity correct. We also plan make extras.
$6 per basket with hamburger, chips, drink. Can add cheese or an extra pattie.
Please preorder food by midnight Thursday, February 16, so we know how much food to buy!!
1:00-1:45 Student Performers in Sanctuary
1:45 “Luck of the Draw” Art Auction in the Sanctuary. Purchase a $10 ticket and you will go home with an art piece.
We will sell the same number of tickets that we have art pieces.
2:15 King of the Carnival Pie Throwing Contest
2:30 Bidding on the silent auction items closes
2:45-3:15 Check out at the cashier/payment table
3:00 Help clean up!!
- The PSHP Friends’ are looking for donations for the baskets for the Silent Auction for the Carnival Fundraiser. You can still bring a basket already filled with goodies or bring items to add to a basket. Some ideas for baskets are: Movie, Student, Women’s, Men’s, Summer, Farm, Garden. Drop off donations at the Information Table.
- Return your canvases for our Luck of the Draw art auction by Friday, February 17 for our February 18 FUNdraiser if you or someone you know wants to draw or paint something for our auction. The premise is that canvases will be displayed and each person who wants can purchase a $10 ticket to choose the canvas of their choice.
- Check out the Lost and Found Items in front of the Sanctuary Doors. Julia Guthrie will be taking pictures of the lost items and posting them on the PSHP families Facebook Page.
- New idea: Please bring any homemade goodies or store bought goodies to sell at the Coffee Bar each Friday.
- Please reserve the space behind the Information Table only for those people who are signed up to work. These ladies are busy planning and checking on things each Friday.
- Contest Friday, March 31 SAVE ALL DAY FROM 8-5. Times will be announced in March.
Schedule will be all day to get all 23 performing classes in the Sanctuary.
Each performing ensemble will have their picture taken for the Yearbook, directly after their performance
- Renovare Bible Book Club will be at 10:00 in the Minister’s Office at the end of the south hallway This is open to anyone adult who is interested. Come check it out!! Tom Vansant, Asbury’s minister, will be leading this. They will start with the book Learning Humility by Richard Foster and is a 6-7 week study through Friday, March 24.
Friday, February 17
Hall Monitors (Bring a snack for the Coffee Bar to sell, if you can. All proceeds benefit PSHP)
8:45-11:00 Sarah James, Leah McNack
11:00-1:00 Laura Kilburn
12:45-2:45 Kim Kirschner
1:45-3:45 Laura Smyer
Announcements for February 17
- Friend’s Meeting for students and adult any adult at 12:10 in Room 203: Final preparations for our Carnival!!
- Stop by the Information Table and vote for the King of the Carnival. The King will get a Pie in the Face at the Carnival around 2:30. Vote for Kevin DeMera, Chuck Posiel, Dan Updegrave, or Mark Pellegrino. Votes will cost $1 per vote or $5 for votes. Anyone can vote!! We will have pictures of our Kings in case you don’ t know them!!
- Most of the music that was ordered in December or January has arrived. Come to the Payment Table if you are missing any music.
- We will have a time for make-up picture day on the same day as Music Contest on March 31. This will also be the day for the group ensemble pictures for the Yearbook.
- Yearbook is also looking for any people or groups that would like to sponsor or advertise in our Yearbook. More details soon.
- All performing ensemble classes and theory classes should be finishing up with written student evaluations, but this process can take several weeks. If the students have their parent sign their evaluation, they will be given a ticket or candy if they bring it back to class.
Friday, February 24
Hall Monitors (Bring goodies to donate to the Coffee Bar to sell. The profits of the Coffee Bar are donated to PSHP.)
8:45-11:00 Leah McNack, Aulia Pardue
11:00-1:00 Laura Kilburn, Angel Townsend
12:45-2:45 Kim Kirschner
1:45-3:45 Laura Smyer
NOTES for February 24:
- Stop by the Information Table to sign thank you notes for all of our wonderful donors for the FUNdraiser.
Upcoming Community Concert Opportunities
1. Friday, February 17 at 7:30 FREE Recital at Ellis Recital Hall (now called C. Minor Hall) on the campus of MSU. The NEXUS Chamber Music Residency Recital, featuring Brain Hong, violinist, and Alex Hersh, cellist along with the MSU string students and MSU faculty. This will be an outstanding recital for all string students!!!
- Saturday, March 11 7:30 at JKH Hall. Springfield Symphony will present a concert about the music of Clara Schumann, Robert Schumann, and Johannes Brahms. There will also be narration about the composers, their music, and their friendships. Please purchase a ticket. Student tickets are $12.50 if paid by cash and a little more expensive if paid by credit card.
Upcoming Area Opportunities
- March 10-11 The Family Reformation Homeschool Conference at Copeland Theater in Branson. Check out more details at:
Prayer Concerns- Lord hear our prayers
- Suzanne Koepke’s Dad, Denny DePriest, passed away early Wednesday morning.
- Elizabeth Suh had extensive shoulder surgery on Tuesday.
- Kristin Gram’s mom is on hospice for cancer and took a turn for the worse this week. Kristin will be in Austin with her parents.
- Many people who have sickness or sickness in their families.