1. December 9 If any student is wanting to participate in the optional music contest on March 4, they will need to meet next Friday to schedule a time with Dan Updegrave, Kathy Love, or Elizabeth Suh from 11:00-2:00 at Asbury.
2. December 9 All beginner, intermediate, and Bach will perform in a concert. There will have a warm-up 30 minutes before their concert time. That is all they will have for the day. See below for more details as to performance times.
3. December 16. The advance classes (those from the December 3 concert) will be touring nursing homes. More details soon.
4. No classes or activities on December 23 or 30.
5. January 6 All PSHP classes resume!!!
Concert Dress by Class
Beginning Orchestra, Recorder Class, Beginning Band, Beginning Guitar, Singers Choir, Intermediate Orchestra Classes:
⮚ GIRLS: Nice church clothes. No flip-flops at anytime! For performances, skirts and dresses must be below the knee to ensure modesty on the stage. Loose fitting pants are also acceptable, but no jeans. Check to make sure you are modest when you are in playing position with your instrument.
⮚ BOYS: Nice “church clothes,” Dress slacks or khakis are acceptable, but no jeans. Be sure to add a belt if you have belt loops. Please wear dark dress shoes or dark tennis shoes with dark socks.
Advance Intermediate Orchestra, Bach, Mezzo, Intermediate Band, Intermediate Guitar and Advance Guitar Classes
Ø GIRLS: Black or black and white combination. All solid colors with no big print or big pattern. For performances, skirts and dresses must be below the knee to ensure modesty on the stage. Black dress pants are also acceptable. Black dress shoes, no flip-flops
Ø BOYS: Black dress pants, white or black long sleeved dress shirt, black belt, black socks, and black dress shoes. You may add a black dress jacket if desired, but this is optional
Christmas Concert Plans
December 9 Performance Times are listed by class below.