Hello PSHP Families and Students
I am looking forward to meeting this week.
- Carnival Fundraiser Saturday, February 18. Performance time is 1:00 pm in the Sanctuary for those performers who auditioned. Please invite guests to our event!!
- Please sign up to volunteer for our carnival on Saturday, February 18
9:00 Set Up and Prep
11-1:00 Carnival Games (Tic tac toe, bean bag toss, duck pond, bowling, 4 in a row, Gumbo checkers, plinco game, Basketball mesh game)
Silent Auction Items will be bid on in the Fellowship Hall.
11:30-1:00 Lunch from 11:30-1:00
Please preorder your food so we can get the quantity correct. We also plan make extras.
$6 per basket with hamburger, chips, drink. Can add cheese or an extra patty.
1:00-1:45 Student Performers in Sanctuary
1:45 Luck of the Draw Art Auction in the Sanctuary. Purchase a $10 ticket and you will go home with an art piece.
We will sell the same number of tickets that we have art pieces.
2:15 King of the Carnival Pie Throwing Contest
2:30 Bidding on the silent auction items closes
2:45-3:15 Check out at the cashier/payment table
3:00 Help clean up!!
- The PSHP Friends’ are looking for donations for the baskets for the Silent Auction for the Carnival Fundraiser. Deadline for basket items is Friday, February 10. You can bring a basket already filled with goodies or bring items to add to a basket. Some ideas for baskets are: Movie, Student, Women’s, Men’s, Summer, Farm, Garden. Drop off donations at the Information Table.
- Return your canvases for our Luck of the Draw art auction by Friday, February 17 for our February 18 FUNdraiser if you or someone you know wants to draw or paint something for our auction. The premise is that canvases will be displayed and each person who wants can purchase a $10 ticket to choose the canvas of their choice.
- Check out the Lost and Found Items in front of the Sanctuary Doors. Julia Guthrie will be taking pictures of the lost items and posting them on the PSHP families Facebook Page.
- New idea: Please bring any homemade goodies or store bought goodies to sell at the Coffee Bar each Friday.
- Please reserve the space behind the Information Table only for those people who are signed up to work. These ladies are busy planning and checking on things each Friday.
- Contest Friday, March 31 SAVE ALL DAY FROM 8-5. Times will be announced in March.
Schedule will be all day to get all 23 performing classes in the Sanctuary.
Each performing ensemble will have their picture taken for the Yearbook, directly after their performance
- SBU Honors Choir for high school choir student’s is Saturday, February 11 at SBU. See the PSHP Facebook page for more information.
- Renovare Bible Book Club will start tomorrow at 10:00 in the Minister’s Office at the end of the south hallway This is open to anyone adult who is interested. Come check it out!! Tom Vansant, Asbury’s minister, will be leading this. They will start with the book Learning Humility by Richard Foster and is a 6-7 week study through Friday, March 24.
Friday, February 10
Hall Monitors (Bring a snack for the Coffee Bar to sell, if you can. All proceeds benefit PSHP)
8:45-11:00 Sarah James
11:00-1:00 Buck Schrope, Susan Kitsmiller
12:45-2:45 Amy Arbuckle
Announcements for February 10
- February Payments were due last week for 3 Fridays.
- Theory Teacher’s Meeting for students and adult theory teachers at 12:10 in Room A150: List of Theory games, games to add in, Update class lists and written student evaluations.
- Most of the music that was ordered in December or January has arrived. Come to the Payment Table if you are missing any music.
- We will have a time for make-up picture day on the same day as Music Contest on March 31. This will also be the day for the group ensemble pictures for the Yearbook.
- Yearbook is also looking for any people or groups that would like to sponsor or advertise in our Yearbook. More details soon.
- All performing ensemble classes and theory classes should be finishing up with written student evaluations, but this process can take several weeks. If the students have their parent sign their evaluation, they will be given a ticket or candy if they bring it back to class.
Friday, February 17
Hall Monitors (Bring goodies to donate to the Coffee Bar to sell. The profits of the Coffee Bar are donated to PSHP.)
8:45-11:00 Sarah James, Leah McNack
11:00-1:00 Laura Kilburn
12:45-2:45 Kim Kirschner
1:45-3:45 Laura Smyer
NOTES for February 17:
- Friend’s Meeting at 12:10 open to any adult! We will be making final preparations for the FUNdraiser Carnival!!
Saturday, February 18
Carnival “Fun”draiser at Asbury from 11-3 at Asbury. Silent Auction of baskets, gourmet desserts, art, carnival games, cupcake walk, PSHP performers. Invite Guests!!!
Upcoming Community Concert Opportunities
1. Tuesday, February 14 at Drury’s O’Reilly Family Centre at either 10:30or 12:30. FREE presentation of Peter and the Wolf.
- Saturday, March 11 7:30 at JKH Hall. Springfield Symphony will present a concert about the music of Clara Schumann, Robert Schumann, and Johannes Brahms. There will also be narration about the composers, their music, and their friendships. Please purchase a ticket. Student tickets are $12.50 if paid by cash and a little more expensive if paid by credit card.
Upcoming Area Opportunities
- March 10-11 The Family Reformation Homeschool Conference at Copeland Theater in Branson. Check out more details at: