New Asbury Ministry Announcement
Asbury has a new ministry and will be a cold, weather shelter when
temperatures are 32 or below from November 1 to April. I will let you know
on Thursday evenings if the shelter will be open on any Thursday nights.
The will be leaving before we have classes, but I wanted to let you know
that a City Utilities Bus will be picking them up to take them downtown at
7:40 am. The shelter was open Wednesday night, but not open Thursday night.
Announcements for Friday, November 5
Hall Monitor (Check in at the Information Table each week)
8:45-11:00 Stephanie Buckner, Anna Haak
11:00-11:00 Buck Schrope
12:45-2:45 Gwen Hanson
1:45-3:45 Any volunteers?
1. Beginner Band will combine and meet at 8:45 in the Youth Room and
Intermediate Band will combine and meet at 10:00 in the Youth Room. The
Youth Room is at the north end of the 2nd floor.
2. Tomorrow is the Adult Teacher Luncheon and meeting from 12-1 in Room
102-103. Please bring food donations by 11:00 and put in the Kitchen
and mark it teacher luncheon.
Please check below to sign up to bring food or help with our Teacher
3. Classroom changes for tomorrow due to the teacher luncheon.
11:00 Intermediate Harp Theory move to Room 104
12:45 Harp Ensemble move to the Sanctuary
4. November payments are due to 3 Fridays and church usage fees.
5. Please check over the preliminary list for the PSHP Directory that will
be at the Payment Table tomorrow. Please initial and also note if you don’t
want your information included.
6. Saturday, November 6 is a Springfield Symphony Concert at 7:30 at
Hammons Hall on the MSU campus. This is a concert in collaboration with the
MSU Choir and Musical Theater department and we are performing Lerner and
7. Please check out this link to our yearbook company: Tree Ring Flyer
8. PSHP will order T-shirts after Christmas. We will have a t-shirt
contest that is open to everyone to enter if they wish. These entries can
be either hand drawn or by computer. T-shirt contest will run from now
until noon on Friday, November 19.
9. Please donate items for our prize store for December 3. Bring in items
now through December 3 and drop them off at the Information Table. Some
items that are good are electronic metronome, guitar picks, rosin, candy,
gift cards for Andy’s, Incredible Pizza, Chick-Fil-A, stuffed animals,
batteries for electronics, toys. The ages for the students is from 8 years
old to 14ish. Some older students also participate in this. Our volunteers
will decide how many tickets each prize is worth.
10. Please be sure to recycle any plastic, cans, or paper at the recycle
plastic bins located in the hallways around Asbury. Please make sure your
containers are rinsed and empty.
11. Please bring pencils to have with you in your performing ensemble
class and in your theory class!
12. Bring all Christmas Music and Christmas Books to classes now until
1. Thank you to everyone who brought donations for the Hand Me Around and
thank you to Arianne Cope for set-up and delivering the left over items to a
2. Thank you to the 12 Senior’s and parents who attended the Senior Meeting
as we make plans for graduation May 14 at 2:00.
Please see the 2 attached fliers about the opportunity to audition for a
concerto competition for students from smaller towns. More details
1. Hall Monitor for Friday, November 12
8:45-11:00 Heather Hennum, Anna Haak
` 11:00-1:00 ANY VOLUNTEERS??
12:45-2:45 Gwen Hanson
1:45-3:45 Elizabeth Talbot
2. Make note of new picture dates to add to your calendar!
* Friday, November 12 will be head shots of all students, teachers,
and parent volunteers with weekly jobs for the yearbook. The students will
be brought as a class to have their pictures taken.
* Friday, November 19 will be family/sibling picture packages to
purchase. A digital option will also be available. More details of price
next week. Sign up for an appointment at the Info or Payment Table
starting November 5.
* Friday, December 3 will be makeup photos of either the headshots
or the picture packages to purchase.
* Picture packages will be ready by December 10 or earlier from Liz
* Class pictures will be Friday, January 14, 2022 for the yearbook.
3. Combined Noon rehearsals for students in the advance high school classes
will be on November 12, 19, and December 3. Please arrange your schedule so
you can be there for the 3 weeks of combined practice for Hallelujah Chorus
and Mary Did You Know?.
4. Concert Reminders:
Saturday, December 4
HIGH SCHOOL CHRISTMAS CONCERT at 2:00 at
All advanced classes (Beethoven, Brahms, Harp Ensemble, Concert Choir, Bel
Canto, Advance Guitar, Classical Guitar, Praise and Worship, Adoration Band,
Select Wind Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble, and Percussion Ensemble) will perform
at an afternoon concert at 2:00 at Asbury. Warm up times 12:30 and after.
Attendance is mandatory at the concert unless sick.
Friday, December 10
ELEMENTARY & MIDDLE SCHOOL CHRISTMAS CONCERT
* All beginner and intermediate classes will have a scheduled class
concert between 10:00 and 12:45 at Asbury in the Sanctuary.
* The concert will be a come and go!
* There will be time for pictures of the students directly after
* No regular classes will meet, look for your performance time below
and bring friends and family.
* Follow the Concert Dress Code for your class.
10:00 Beginner Orchestra
10:55 Younger Beginner Guitar
11:45 Beginner Band
10:10 Intermediate Orchestra
11:05 Older Beginner Guitar
12:00 Intermediate Band
10:20 Advance Inter. Orchestra
10:35 Bach Orchestra
11:15 Intermediate Guitar
11:35 Bell Class
12:15 Singers Choir
12:30 Mezzo Choir
Joys and Concerns
1. Prayers for Ben Forrester and his family, as he is getting physical
therapy after recovering from CoVid. A joy that he was able to start in
2. Prayers for Thadden Cymbaluk who works for the Forest Department
Monday-Thursday and had a chainsaw accident three weeks ago.
3. Prayers for Beth Falukos’ husband, Marty, who is recovering from CoVId.
Update: A joy that Marty is out of the hospital and able to attend their
son’s wedding last weekend.
4. Prayers for the Burks’ family who are recovering from CoVid. Prayers
for their friends and family as Ron Burks passed away on Saturday. A
celebration of life service, which is open to the public, is Friday,
November 6 at 6:00 at Grant Avenue Baptist Church at 1033 N. Grant. Ron and
Shelly and their church Bethesda Christian Fellowship were the reason we
have Play and Sing His Praises today. All 14 of their children have been
students of PSHP from the very beginning in 1998. Lord hear our prayers and
give us wisdom.
5. Prayers for Darren Needham, father to Halle, Isaac, and Jonathan, who
had surgery Tuesday at Mayo for a Pituitary tumor. He will be staying up
near Mayo for the next couple of weeks for follow ups. Update: Surgery
went well and the tumor was benign. Still adjusting meds.
6. Prayers for Abby Elllingsworth and family on the death of her
7. Prayers for the Stewart family on the death of their family member they
had moved here to help.
- Calendar at a Glance 2021-22
- PSHP SCHEDULE – MASTER 2021-2022
- PSHP HANDBOOK – MASTER 2021-22
- 2021 Fall Practice Chart