PSHP Notes for Friday, 3.7.2020
We are scheduled to meet all Fridays from January 31 to May 15, except for:
March 20 Spring Break
April 10 Easter Break
April 24 Adjusted schedule for some classes for our longer practice in preparation for Music contest May 1
May 1 Music Contest with a very, very different schedule as each of the 25 performing classes play for written and verbal evaluation.
Please save all day from 8 to 5:15.
Hall Monitor for Friday, February 7, 2020
8:45-11:00 Amber Neil, Linda Maes, Lydia Ashley
11:00-1:00 Kim Weisbrod, Valerie VanBibber
12:45-2:45 Sarah Black
1:45-3:45 Twyla Willingham
Meal for Holtkamp family: Heather Nelson
Parent, Teacher and Student Notes for Friday, February 7, 2020
- February 7 is a payment day for 3 Fridays in February. We will credit your May bill for the two Fridays that we missed due to weather.
- 11:15 PSHP Graduation Meeting in Room A150, across from the PSHP Music Office, for Parents to pick up Paperwork. The student does not need to attend. Stop by the Information Table if you are unable to come at 11:15.
- 12:10 PSHP Adult Teacher’s Meeting in Room 203
- 12:45 Transcript Class in Room 203 Open to anyone who wants to hear and learn more about how to prepare a high transcript that can be appropriate to submit to colleges or universities.
- There will be a fire drill tomorrow during this morning.Please email me, Kathy Love at KALcello@cs.com, if your child needs to be removed from class before the alarm goes off.
- Banquet Tickets, for Saturday, March 7 at 6:00 pm at Aldersgate Methodist in Nixa, will be on sale starting tomorrow near the Information Table. Prices are $15 for one person, $30 for a couple, or $110 for the full table. Choice of meat will be chicken or brisket with a full course sit down meal. Tickets need to be returned by Friday, February 28. Soloists and ensembles that are performing at Federation on that same day, will have first preference if they want to perform. Praise and Worship is performing at the Banquet. Other classes will not be decided until we know how many other performers will be there.
- Teachers will start evaluations of all students in performing classes and theory classes. These will be sent home with the student sometime in January or February.
- PSHP T-shirt sales start January 31 and run through February 28. $9.50 for T-shirts. Please stop by near the Information Table.
- The Yearbook Staff is busy preparing our Yearbooks this year. All of the orders are placed and paid for online with a company that we have used for the last 4 years. The cost of the Yearbook will be $18.93. Yearbooks will be ready to pick up at the Final Picnic on Friday, May 22 and even maybe on our last day of class on Friday, May 15. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems.
Enter PSHP passcode: 1014740501293185
- Yearbook classmeets this week.
Student Awareness and Safety
Please be sure to talk to your children and youth and give them limits about leaving campus. PSHP is not a closed campus. Some youth walk to a nearby restaurant to get lunch, etc. This is fine as long as the parents have given permission for that to happen. Please be very specific, if you as their parents, allow them to walk off the Asbury property or be driven by anyone else, and whether that is an adult driver or a student driver. The Asbury neighborhood is not as safe as it once was. PSHP is concerned for the safety of all of our students and families. We have safety people assigned that are always at the entrance to the Sanctuary and in the parking lot. Please feel free to talk to any of them if you have any concerns. Thank you to our Safety Team!!
CONGRATULATIONS and Thank You
- Saturday, February 15 eight PSHP Choir students will be attending the SBU High School Invitational Choir Day. They will practice all day and have a concert that evening in Bolivar. Congrats to: Branden Bruton, Joy Clay, Keaton Cymbaluk, Vanessa Ellingsworth, Anna Faust, Jonathon Maes, Marissa Lawson, and Gloria Talmage.
- Thank you to Veronica Kuschel who arranged for two more Fuddrucker’s Fundraisers on March 27 and June 12.
- Thank you to Jenny Roach who arranged for a representative from OTC to be at PSHP on Friday, February 14 from 12:30-1:30 in the Sanctuary.
- Thank you to Jenette Clay for her weekly help with the PSHP website and for organizing all of these Sign-Up Genius’s to make life more efficient.
Hall Monitors for Friday, February 14, 2020
8:45-11:00 Stephanie Buckner, Jonica Hope, Edna Clingman
11:00-1:00 Amy Underwood
12:45-2:45 Sarah Black
1:45-3:45 Brandi Powell
Friday, February 14, 2020
- 12:00-12:30Student Teacher Luncheon in Room 102-103 from 12:00-12:30. Some classes will be moved to accommodate the luncheon.
Watch for details in email next week.
Please feel free to sign up at the Information Table, as we celebrate our student teachers.
We could also use more monetary donations for the Pizzas for our 59 student teachers.
- 12:30-1:30 A representative from Ozark Technical Community College will be in the Sanctuary at 12:30 to give out information and answer any questions.
Friday, February 21, 2020
- 12:45 Friends Meeting in Room 203
- All performing classes will need to retake their yearbook photos as there was an issue with the camera. I am so sorry for the inconvenience, but we want quality pictures for our Yearbooks. All PSHP students will have their pictures taken in their performing class during their class Friday, February 21. Please be dressed in your concert clothes before class time, as you will not have time to change during class. These pictures are not for purchase, but will be included in the yearbook which you may purchase. These pictures will be in the SE corner of the Fellowship Hall, so there will be less tables set out for people to sit.
Friday, February 28, 2020
Any student in Praise and Worship or Concert Choir can audition for the solo in our combined song: He Will Hold Me Fast on Friday, February 28 at 10:45 for P and W and at 11:00 for Concert Choir students. See below for link to listen to it.
For All Advanced groups: Combined Piece: “He Will Hold Me Fast”
“He Will Hold Me Fast” – note, there is not an orchestra and band recording of our specific arrangement that I have located. However, this link is the same Choir arrangement. We will likely handle solo’s slightly differently, but you can hear the identical choir parts.
Combined piece-He Will Hold Me Fast –
- Our PSHP Banquet is Saturday, March 7 in the evening. Dinner at 6:00. Please let Kathy Love know if you would like to help cook the meals in the future. This is the Bradley’s last year and they would love to train someone this year! We are collecting items to put in baskets to auction at the silent auction. The deadline to bring in items is Friday, February 28, so Andrea McCotter has plenty of time to get everything organized. Please sign up here to work the banquet:
Food Prep on Day of the Banquet, March 7
Student waters, hosts, drink-prep, and cleanup.
Food for the student volunteers on Saturday evening
- Graduation date is Saturday, May 9 at 1:00 at Asbury.
Concerts to Attend
- Saturday, February 15 at 7:303 JK Hammons Hall, Springfield Symphony concert with Tessa Lark, violinist and highlighting American Pictures.
- Tuesday, February 18 at 10:30 am at the O’Reilly Center at Drury University, will be a free performance of Peter and the Wolf. Email deadline for registration is by February 11. Email: email@example.com. with number of people attending; adults and students.
ALL CHOIR STUDENTS
All choir students will have access to their music by this sound cloud account. We are excited to share with you that practice recordings and vocal exercises can now be accessed through SoundCloud. Please download the free app or access through a desktop computer at:
Once an account is made, search for the user: PSHPsings and click follow.
Once you are following PSHPsings, scroll to the bottom of the homepage and select Playlists.
The playlists feature is organized in a way that will allow you to select a specific choir, song, and specific voice part.
All choir music is uploaded.
Fuddruckers PSHP Fundraiser
Please sign up below to work at Fuddruckers in March and June. Here’s the link for the volunteer sign up for Fuddruckers.
- Friday, March 7 Springfield Fuddruckers from 4-8
- Friday, June 12 Branson Fuddruckers from 11-8
Spanish 1 Class
Alissa Glover is a certified teaching and would be interested in teaching a Spanish 1 class for students seeking high school transcript credit on Fridays at Asbury. Please contact her if you are interested at: 417-576-5446. Prices and curriculum will be decided after talking to the parents.
- Angie Richardson and family as she is traveling to MD Anderson in Houston, Texas for her cancer treatment.
- Lizzie Lane’s mom, Dawn Lane, has been in the hospital the last couple of weeks. Prayers please as she is at home, but requires a lot of help. Please stop by the Information Table to sign up to bring a meal to bless this family.
- Bonita Holtkamp, mom to Jaslyn, was diagnosed with stage 4 gallbladder cancer. She has discontinued treatment, as it was not working, and is on Hospice. Please stop by the Information Table to sign up to bring a meal to bless this family.
- Pray for all PSHP students, PSHP teachers, and their families.
- The McCotters’ step grandfather who was in ICU with a shunt.
ITEMS TO MENTION TO ALL STUDENTS AND PARENTS
1. Please empty liquid out of any cups before you put them in the trashcan. The clean-up crew thanks you ahead of time.
- Please show respect to all of the adults on Friday. We have hall monitors that help keep order in the hallways and kitchen for when students are not in class. These adults are a huge blessing to those of us that are teaching. Please be respectful when you are reminded to do something.
- Please be considerate of others if you are sick and review the sickness policy. Please don’t attend classes or volunteer if you have had a fever or contagious illness in the last 24 hours. Thank you for your consideration as we don’t want to share our germs and we have many with compromised immune systems.
- Please recycle soda cans in the container by the soda machines.
- 5.Please don’t use the doorbell on the south doors by the office. That is for the office only when the office doors are locked during the week
- PLEASE tell your female family members that NO Feminine Products are allowed to be flushed in the Asbury toilets please.
- Just a reminder that Asbury is a no nut church, so PSHP should not have anything with nuts.
- Just a reminder that no children should be left unattended at Asbury when they are not in class if they are 12 and younger. An older sibling that is at least 15, may be responsible for the younger sibling, if the older sibling is not in class at the time.