We are scheduled to meet all Fridays from January 31 to May 15, except for:
March 20 Spring Break
April 10 Easter Break
Please note these two days that we meet are very different schedule-wise than the rest of the rest. Stay tuned for more details.
April 24 Adjusted schedule for some classes for our longer practice in preparation for Music contest May 1
May 1 Music Contest with a very, very different schedule as each of the 25 performing classes play for written and verbal evaluation.
Please save all day from 8 to 5:15.
Our PSHP Banquet is Saturday, March 7 in the evening. Dinner at 6:00. Two weeks left to order Banquet Tickets!!! We are collecting items to put in baskets to auction at the silent auction. The deadline to bring in items is Friday, February 28, so Andrea McCotter has plenty of time to get everything organized.
Any performers that would like to perform at the Banquet need to sign up by tomorrow, February 14 at the Information Table. Federation soloists and ensembles will have first dibs at performing one of their songs, then we will open it up to classes.
Please sign up here to work the banquet:
Food Prep on Day of the Banquet, March 7
Student waters, hosts, drink-prep, and cleanup.
Food for the student volunteers on Saturday evening
Hall Monitor for Friday, February 14, 2020
8:45-11:00 Stephanie Buckner, Jonica Hope, Edna Clingman
11:00-1:00 Amy Underwood
12:45-2:45 Sarah Black
1:45-3:45 Brandi Powell
Meal for Holtkamp family: Lisa Doyle
Parent, Teacher and Student Notes for Friday, February 14, 2020
- 12:00-12:30Student Teacher Luncheonin Room 102-103 from 12:00-12:30. Some classes will be moved to accommodate the luncheon.
We could also use more monetary donations for the Pizzas for our 59 student teachers
Please feel free to sign up at the Information Table or on the link below, as we celebrate our student teachers.
Singer’s Theory classes for 2nd and 3rd year will be combined into Room 104 at 12:45.
Harp Ensemble class at 12:45 will meet in Room 120 (Mrs. Edwards room)
- 12:30-1:30 A representative from Ozark Technical Community College will be in the Sanctuary at 12:30 to give out information and answer any questions.
- February 7 was a payment day for 3 Fridays in February. We will credit your May bill for the two Fridays that we missed so far due to weather.
- All PSHP Seniors will have their pictures taken tomorrow for the yearbook. The yearbook theme is beach this year, so wear a Hawaiian shirt etc. Make sure it is dress code acceptable! Group shot at Noon. Be on time so student teachers can go to their luncheon directly after that. The Senior Individual pictures will be anytime from 10-1:30. Stop by in the Fellowship Hall. Yearbook staff pictures will be at 12:30 after the student teacher luncheon.
- Banquet Tickets, for Saturday, March 7 at 6:00 pm at Aldersgate Methodist in Nixa, will be on sale starting tomorrow near the Information Table. Prices are $15 for one person, $30 for a couple, or $110 for the full table. Choice of meat will be chicken or brisket with a full course sit down meal. Tickets need to be returned by Friday, February 28. Soloists and ensembles that are performing at Federation on that same day, will have first preference if they want to perform. Praise and Worship is performing at the Banquet. Other classes will not be decided until we know how many other performers will be there.
- Teachers will finish evaluations of all students in performing classes and theory classes. These will be sent home with the student sometime in January or February. Have your children bring back their evaluation signed by a parent to receive a free ticket for the prize store.
- PSHP T-shirt sales start January 31 and run through February 28. $9.50 for T-shirts. Please stop by near the Information Table.
- The Yearbook Staff is busy preparing our Yearbooks this year. All of the orders are placed and paid for online with a company that we have used for the last 4 years. The cost of the Yearbook will be $18.93. Yearbooks will be ready to pick up at the Final Picnic on Friday, May 22 and even maybe on our last day of class on Friday, May 15. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems.
Enter PSHP passcode: 1014740501293185
- Yearbook classhelps with Senior pictures.
CONGRATULATIONS and Thank You
- Saturday, February 15 eight PSHP Choir students will be attending the SBU High School Invitational Choir Day. They will practice all day and have a concert that evening in Bolivar. Congrats to: Branden Bruton, Joy Clay, Keaton Cymbaluk, Vanessa Ellingsworth, Anna Faust, Jonathon Maes, Marissa Lawson, and Gloria Talmage.
- Thank you to Veronica Kuschel who arranged for two more Fuddrucker’s Fundraisers on March 27 and June 12.
- Thank you to Jenny Roach who arranged for a representative from OTC to be at PSHP on Friday, February 14 from 12:30-1:30 in the Sanctuary.
- Thank you to Andrea MeCotter for her help with organizing the graduation and the celebration reception afterwards.
- Thank you to Andrea McCotter for her transcript class. If you missed the class, she has handouts of what a transcript should look like and also idea for high school history classes.
- Thank you to our stellar safety team and all of the people during our Fire Drill. We exited the building in under 5 minutes.
Hall Monitors for Friday, February 21, 2020
8:45-11:00 Katy Mills, Mat Thompson, Edna Clingman
11:00-1:00 Brittney Taylor
12:45-2:45 Rebecca Tucker
1:45-3:45 Kristin McIntrye
Friday, February 21, 2020
- 12:45 Friends Meeting in Room 203
- All performing classes will need to retake their yearbook photos as there was an issue with the camera. I am so sorry for the inconvenience, but we want quality pictures for our Yearbooks. All PSHP students will have their pictures taken in their performing class during their class Friday, February 21. Please be dressed in your concert clothes before class time, as you will not have time to change during class. These pictures are not for purchase, but will be included in the yearbook which you may purchase. These pictures will be in the SE corner of the Fellowship Hall, so there will be less tables set out for people to sit.
Friday, February 28, 2020
Any student in Praise and Worship or Concert Choir can audition for the solo in our combined song: He Will Hold Me Fast on Friday, February 28 at 10:45 for P and W and at 11:00 for Concert Choir students. See below for link to listen to it.
For All Advanced groups: Combined Piece: “He Will Hold Me Fast”
“He Will Hold Me Fast” – note, there is not an orchestra and band recording of our specific arrangement that I have located. However, this link is the same Choir arrangement. We will likely handle solo’s slightly differently, but you can hear the identical choir parts.
Combined piece-He Will Hold Me Fast –
- Please look to sign up for events on the Sign Up Genius links mentioned in the email.
- Graduation date is Saturday, May 9 at 1:00 at Asbury.
Concerts to Attend
- Saturday, February 15 at 7:303 JK Hammons Hall, Springfield Symphony concert with Tessa Lark, violinist and highlighting American Pictures.
- Tuesday, February 18 at 10:30 am at the O’Reilly Center at Drury University, will be a free performance of Peter and the Wolf. Email deadline for registration is by February 11. Email: email@example.com. with number of people attending; adults and students.
ALL CHOIR STUDENTS
All choir students will have access to their music by this sound cloud account. We are excited to share with you that practice recordings and vocal exercises can now be accessed through SoundCloud. Please download the free app or access through a desktop computer at:
Once an account is made, search for the user: PSHPsings and click follow.
Once you are following PSHPsings, scroll to the bottom of the homepage and select Playlists.
The playlists feature is organized in a way that will allow you to select a specific choir, song, and specific voice part.
All choir music is uploaded.
Fuddruckers PSHP Fundraiser
Please sign up below to work at Fuddruckers in March and June. Here’s the link for the volunteer sign up for Fuddruckers.
- Friday, March 7 Springfield Fuddruckers from 4-8
- Friday, June 12 Branson Fuddruckers from 11-8
Spanish 1 Class
Alissa Glover is a certified teaching and would be interested in teaching a Spanish 1 class for students seeking high school transcript credit on Fridays at Asbury. Please contact her if you are interested at: 417-576-5446. Prices and curriculum will be decided after talking to the parents.
- Angie Richardson and family as she is traveling to MD Anderson in Houston, Texas for her cancer treatment. Prayers as the last treatment was not working, so they are looking at other treatment options.
- Lizzie Lane’s mom, Dawn Lane, had a brain bleed in the fall and is still recovering. Prayers please as she is at home, but requires a lot of help. Please stop by the Information Table to sign up to bring a meal to bless this family.
- Bonita Holtkamp, mom to Jaslyn, was diagnosed with stage 4 gallbladder cancer. She has discontinued treatment, as it was not working, and is on Hospice. Please stop by the Information Table to sign up to bring a meal to bless this family.
- Pray for all PSHP students, PSHP teachers, and their families.
- The McCotters’ step grandfather who is in rehab in Forsyth.
ITEMS TO MENTION TO ALL STUDENTS AND PARENTS
1. Please empty liquid out of any cups before you put them in the trashcan. The clean-up crew thanks you ahead of time.
- Please show respect to all of the adults on Friday. We have hall monitors that help keep order in the hallways and kitchen for when students are not in class. These adults are a huge blessing to those of us that are teaching. Please be respectful when you are reminded to do something.
- Please be considerate of others if you are sick and review the sickness policy. Please don’t attend classes or volunteer if you have had a fever or contagious illness in the last 24 hours. Thank you for your consideration as we don’t want to share our germs and we have many with compromised immune systems.
- Please recycle soda cans in the container by the soda machines.
- 5.Please don’t use the doorbell on the south doors by the office. That is for the office only when the office doors are locked during the week
- PLEASE tell your female family members that NO Feminine Products are allowed to be flushed in the Asbury toilets please.
- Just a reminder that Asbury is a no nut church, so PSHP should not have anything with nuts.
- Just a reminder that no children should be left unattended at Asbury when they are not in class if they are 12 and younger. An older sibling that is at least 15, may be responsible for the younger sibling, if the older sibling is not in class at the time.
Student Awareness and Safety
Please be sure to talk to your children and youth and give them limits about leaving campus. PSHP is not a closed campus. Some youth walk to a nearby restaurant to get lunch, etc. This is fine as long as the parents have given permission for that to happen. Please be very specific, if you as their parents, allow them to walk off the Asbury property or be driven by anyone else, and whether that is an adult driver or a student driver. The Asbury neighborhood is not as safe as it once was. PSHP is concerned for the safety of all of our students and families. We have safety people assigned that are always at the entrance to the Sanctuary and in the parking lot. Please feel free to talk to any of them if you have any concerns. Thank you to our Safety Team!!