Notes for Friday, November 8, 2019
8:45-11:00 Marissa Weeks, Lisa Jarvis, Jennifer Shultz
10:00-12:00 Angela Wheeler, Michele White
12:45-2:45 Kara Kaufman
1:45-3:45 Amanda Gann
Parent, Teacher and Student Notes for Friday, November 8, 2019
- Pleasepayfor your 3 weeks of November, plus your church usage fees, if you have not already paid. The payment table is in the Fellowship Hall near the Sanctuary doors and will be open from 8:45 to 3:30. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
- The Adult Teacher Luncheon is tomorrow from 11:45 to 1:00 in Rooms 102-103. Set-Up will be at 11:00. If you are bringing food, please label it for teacher’s luncheon and put it in the Asbury kitchen or drop off at the Information Table.
Class Room changes due to Luncheon:
Harp Ensemble will meet in Room 120 (Gina’s room)
Singer’s Theory Second and Third Year Class will meet in Room 104 (Laura’s and Caitria’s classes)
- Graduation date is still not set in stone, but we are looking at Saturday, May 9 at 1:00.
- All students in Beginner Band will be combined in the Youth Room from 8:45 to 10:00. All Intermediate Band students will be combined in the Youth Room from 10:00-11:00.
- All volunteers, including hall monitors, please check in at the Information Table each week.
- Be sure to check the website for class assignments or bonus questions. Each student ages 8-13 in the beginner or intermediate classes will receive a ticket for each 30 minutes of practice. These tickets can be redeemed at the end of each semester for prizes. http://playhispraises.com
- 7.Brahms studentswill be performing Friday evening, November 15, from 6:30-7:00 pm for the prelude at the Venture Church, 1515 W. Elfindale Street, for the Messiah Project’s Performance of Amahl and The Night Visitors. Any PSHP student will be admitted free and any adult that wants to see the Amahl performance will get a discounted rate of $8 per ticket. Sign-Up deadline and ticket payment is Friday, November 8. Sign up at the Payment Table.
- The Clarinet Ensemble will be performing Saturday afternoon, November 16 from 1:30-2:00 for the prelude at the Venture Church, 1515 W. Elfindale Street, for the Messiah Project’s Performance of Amahl and The Night Visitors. Any PSHP student will be admitted free and any adult that wants to see the Amahl performance will get a discounted rate of $8 per ticket. Sign-Up deadline and ticket payment is Friday, November 8. Sign up at the Payment Table.
- The Yearbook Staff is busy preparing our Yearbooks this year. All of the orders are placed and paid for online with a company that we have used for the last 4 years. The cost of the Yearbook will be $18.93, but if you order in November you will receive 5% discount. Yearbooks will be ready to pick up at the Final Picnic on Friday, May 22 and even maybe on our last day of class on Friday, May 15. Please let me know if you have any questions or problems.
Enter PSHP passcode: 1014740501293185
- Yearbook classwill not meet again until January.
- Beginner band and the Intermediate band are meeting in their small classes tomorrow!
Contact Chris Carpenter if you are interested in a free upright piano. 417-429-3185
FUDDRUCKERS PSHP FUNDRAISER Friday, November 15 4:00-8:00 pm
Fuddruckers is allowing our PSHP students to sign up in one hour shifts on Friday, November 15th from 4:00-8:00 pm to clear tables, fill drinks, and get condiments. There will be tip jars on the tables.
This is for students grades 7 through 12.
Sign up at the Information Table for shifts.
Thank you Veronica Kuschel for arranging this.
Come out and eat at Fuddruckers on this Friday! (Unless you are a Brahms’ student as we have a performance!)
NOVEMBER THANKFULNESS PSHP BINGO
During the month of November, we will be playing a “Thankful for PSHP Bingo Game.” There is one version for Parents and one for Students. The purpose of this game is to help us get to know each other. Please pick up a game board at the Info Table (at the counter in the hallway leading to the east entrance, just outside the Fellowship Hall). There is one student sheet for each student and one parent sheet for each family. Complete your Bingo Game by meeting new people and having them sign a square that applies to them. You can keep your sheet and meet more new people at PSHP through the month of November. When you have finished the sheet or filled as much as you can, bring the sheet to the Coffee Table (just inside the east entrance of the Fellowship Hall) to redeem for prizes. You may only redeem it once. If you complete one row, column, or diagonal, you will get a 10% discount off anything you purchase at the Coffee Table. If you complete 3 or more rows, columns, or diagonals, you will receive 25% off any Coffee Table purchase. If you complete the whole sheet – Blackout – you may choose a 50% discount off any Coffee Table purchase OR one FREE special treat. Ask at the Coffee Table to see what the special treat will be. Redeem any Friday in November, up through Friday, November 22. We encourage you all to use this game to meet new people, not just to fill the board with people that you already know. Have fun and enjoy meeting new friends! We are thankful for all of the new friends we have met at PSHP!
All music has been ordered for students that are missing music. The music librarians will deliver the music to their classes when it arrives. The students and parents do not need to check with the music librarians. Thank you for your patience as we had more growth than expected! The Sounds of Celebration and Sounds of Christmas books are still on back order from August. The company was closed due to moving and printing a new edition of the book.
ALL CHOIR STUDENTS
All choir students will have access to their music by this sound cloud account. We are excited to share with you that practice recordings and vocal exercises can now be accessed through SoundCloud. Please download the free app or access through a desktop computer at:
Once an account is made, search for the user: PSHPsings and click follow.
Once you are following PSHPsings, scroll to the bottom of the homepage and select Playlists.
The playlists feature is organized in a way that will allow you to select a specific choir, song, and specific voice part.
All choir music is uploaded.
MOM’S NIGHT OUT Sign Up please!!
Please join us on Monday, November 25 at 6:00 at The Pitch Pizza and Pub at 2924 E. Sunshine St. for a fun evening of fellowship for moms. We can only accept 30 Mom’s so be sure to sign up soon to reserve your spot. We will plan other events, so no worries if you can’t make this one. Thank you Andrea McCotter and Jenette Clay for organizing this.
ITEMS TO MENTION TO ALL STUDENTS AND PARENTS
1. Please empty liquid out of any cups before you put them in the trashcan. The clean-up crew thanks you ahead of time.
- Please show respect to all of the adults on Friday. We have hall monitors that help keep order in the hallways and kitchen for when students are not in class. These adults are a huge blessing to those of us that are teaching. Please be respectful when you are reminded to do something.
- Please be considerate of others if you are sick and review the sickness policy. Please don’t attend classes or volunteer if you have had a fever or contagious illness in the last 24 hours. Thank you for your consideration as we don’t want to share our germs and we have many with compromised immune systems.
- Please recycle soda cans in the container by the soda machines.
- 5.Please don’t use the doorbell on the south doors by the office. That is for the office only when the office doors are locked during the week
- PLEASE tell your female family members that NO Feminine Products are allowed to be flushed in the Asbury toilets please.
- Just a reminder that Asbury is a no nut church, so PSHP should not have anything with nuts.
- Just a reminder that no children should be left unattended at Asbury when they are not in class if they are 12 and younger. An older sibling that is at least 15, may be responsible for the younger sibling, if the older sibling is not in class at the time.
CONGRATULATIONS and Thank You
- Thank you to the Adoration Band students who performed at the Charger’s Football game last Friday. Thank you Dan Updegrave for your wonderful leadership.
- Thank you to the Yearbook staff for taking the head shots for the yearbook the past two Fridays.
- Thank you to John Roberson for taking pictures for those that wanted to purchase photo packages. Contact John at firstname.lastname@example.org for any of your photo needs.
Hall Monitor for Friday, November 15, 2019
8:45-11:00 Cindy Faust, Anna Haak, Andrea McConnell
11:00-1:00 Patrick Bulger, Katelyn Fausto
12:45-2:45 Becca Powell, Jennifer Mitchusson
1:45-3:45 Christy Mitchell
- Our group event in November is a PSHP Thankfulness Bingo game.Please pick up your BINGO cards on Friday during November at the Information Table. This is for all students and parents. Those who finish 2 rows and/or black out will receive a discount or treat at the Coffee Bar. Last day for the game is Friday, November 22.
- Adult Teacher Appreciation Luncheon is Friday, November 8.
- Any new members or returning members who have questions are welcome to come to the Sanctuary on Friday, November 15 from 1:00-1:30 for an informal Question and Answer session.
Concerts to Attend
- Sign up for free student tickets to see Messiah Project’s Amahl and the Night Visitor’s on Friday, November 15 at 7:00 at Venture Church pm Elfindale. Any adults attending can get a discounted ticket for $8 if you sign up and pay at the Payment Table by Friday, November 8. Look at the Information Table for fliers.
- The Missouri Music Teachers Association is pleased to announce a guest piano recital by Andrew Brownell this Saturday, Nov. 9 at 7:30pm in the C Minor Hall on the campus of Missouri State University. Mr. Brownell is a prizewinner at the prestigious Leeds International Piano Competition and is currently Professor of Piano at the University of Texas at Austin. The concert will feature works by Handel, Shostakovich and Chopin. Admission is free. We hope to see you at the concert!
- The Springfield Symphony and the MSU Theater Department are presenting the musical, “Oklahoma” in two concerts this weekend: Saturday, November 9 at 7:00 and Sunday, November 10 at 2:30. Student rush tickets are $12.50 at the MSU box office.
- A chamber piano quartet will be performing a free concert on Thursday, November 14 at 7:30 at Drury Stone Chapel, 900 N. Benton. Performers are Pam Davis, violin; Kirsten Weiss, viola; Michael Murray, cello; and Clara Christian. Piano.
- Saturday, December 7 at 2:30 the Springfield Symphony will be having their FREE hour long holiday concert at JK Hammons Hall. The full concert will be offered at 7:30 that night, but will require a ticket.
- Angie Richardson and family as she is traveling to MD Anderson in Houston, Texas for her cancer treatment.
- Gina Edward’s Dad is having health issues in Mexico.
- Lizzie Lane’s mom, Dawn Lane, has been in the hospital the last couple of weeks. Prayers please.