Notes for Friday, September 27, 2019
8:45-11:00 Marie Chapman, Jennifer Bartholomew, Lydia Ashley
11:00-1:00 Heather McClain, Julia Guthrie
12:45-2:45 Sonya Gorman, Tracy Bergeon
1:45-3:45 Jennifer Lambert
Parent and Student Notes for Friday, September 27, 2019
- Please pay for your 3 weeks in September, plus your church usage fees, if you did not pay last Friday. The payment table is in the Fellowship Hall near the Sanctuary doors and will be open from 8:45 to 3:30. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Today is the last day for high school girls in advanced classes to be fitted for their concert dresses! Please see Judy Cymbaluk in the PSHP Music Library.
- High School boys in advanced classes, be sure that you have your two ties that will be needed for performances this year. Red tie for December concerts (and any patriotic concerts) and black bow tie for any other concerts.
- Yearbook class meets at Noon in Room 104.
- Students in Advanced Intermediate Orchestra will be trying out for seat placement tomorrow during class. I encourage all students to try out, but it is optional. This is a great way for students that want to be leaders in their group. We went over the scale and song last week in class and it is also on the website.
- Any student in Intermediate Orchestra, Bach Orchestra, and Beethoven Orchestra that didn’t try out last week should see Kathy Love before their class time if they want to try out for a seat.
- Please don’t use the doorbell on the south doors by the office. That is for the office only when the office doors are locked during the week
- PLEASE tell your female family members that NO Feminine Products are allowed to be flushed in the Asbury toilets, please.
- The Information Table is located in the hallway at the desk as you walk in from the east covered entrance. Please ask any questions that you might have.
- Just a reminder that Asbury is a no nut church, so PSHP should not have anything with nuts.
- If you did not have a chance to sign-up for volunteer opportunities please stop by the Information Table. This is also where volunteers report for hall monitoring duty and if you have questions about your crew.
- Be sure to check the website for class assignments or bonus questions. Each student ages 8-13 in the beginner or intermediate classes will receive a ticket for each 30 minutes of practice. These tickets can be redeemed at the end of each semester for prizes. http://playhispraises.com
- Adoration Band students please see this link about SBU Band Day. Need to reply to Dan before class tomorrow, if you’re interested, if you have not already done so.
- New Family Mixer will be next Friday, October 4 from 11:15-1:00 in Rooms 102-103. Please plan to stop by for a part of the time or for the whole time for a time of fellowship and a chance to ask any questions! This is for new students as well as new adults. Snacks will be provided.
All music has been ordered for students that are missing music. The music librarians will deliver the music to their classes when it arrives. The students and parents do not need to check with the music librarians. Thank you for your patience as we had more growth than expected!
ALL CHOIR STUDENTS
All choir students will have access to their music by this sound cloud account. We are excited to share with you that practice recordings and vocal exercises can now be accessed through SoundCloud. Please download the free app or access through a desktop computer at:
Once an account is made, search for the user: PSHPsings and click follow.
Once you are following PSHPsings, scroll to the bottom of the homepage and select Playlists.
The playlists feature is organized in a way that will allow you to select a specific choir, song, and specific voice part.
The Singers choir is uploaded and they are working on the rest.
Just a reminder that no children should be left unattended at Asbury when they are not in class if they are 12 and younger. An older sibling that is at least 15, may be responsible for the younger sibling if the older sibling is not in class at the time. PSHP wants to make sure that everyone is safe on Fridays. Our safety team is busy keeping watch over the building and grounds from non PSHP people. Thanks for your attention to this.
CONGRATULATIONS and Thank You
- Last year’s Beethoven and Brahms’ Orchestra students performed the pre-concert at the Springfield Symphony last Saturday night and did a stellar job!
- Thank you to our incredible team of Melanie Bush, Dustin Bush, Le Ann Price, Abby Ellingsworth, Judy Cymbaluk, Jenette Clay, Andrea McCotter, Kathy Land, and Faith Cannon who have put in a lot of extra hours getting PSHP up and going for the year with our new data entry process. I appreciate your dedication to PSHP and the help you have given the teachers and especially me, Kathy Love!!
Hall Monitor for Friday, October 4, 2019
8:45-11:00 Katie Kern, Laura Kilburn, and Lisa Huff
10:00-12:00 Heather McClain, Teresa Fausto
12:45-2:45 Dave Hennum, Sherie Sundell
1:45-3:45 Danell Poisel
- October 4 at 12:10 Adult Teacher’s Meeting in Room 203
- New Family Mixer for students and adults on Friday, October 4 from 11:15 to 1:00 in Room 102 and 103. Stay for the whole time or come and go!
- No Classes on Friday, October 11 due to Fall Break
- “Hand Me Around” Bring any clothes or books to bless others. Clean out your closets! Feel free to bring or take items!
Concerts to Attend
- Saturday, September 28 at 7:00 at Evangel University is the free Heritage of Hymns Concert with Dennis Jernigan.
- Saturday, October 19 at 7:30 at JK Hammons Hall at MSU. Springfield Symphony concert “From the New World”. Joan Tower’s Made in America, Beethoven’s Violin Concerto with David Hays, violinist, and Dvorak’s Symphony No. 9. Student tickets are $12.50.
- Monday, October 21 at 6:00 at JK Hammons Hall is a free Spooky Symphony. This concert is geared towards children and families and costumes are optional. The musicians in the orchestra will also be wearing costumes.
- Angie Richardson and family as she is traveling to MD Anderson in Houston, Texas for her cancer treatments.
- Carol Cameron’s mother passed away and the service was last week. Prayers for Carol and her family. Carol is one of our theory teachers for Bach and high school theory 1.
- Updated Calendar – can also be accessed from the main menu: Calendar at a Glance 2019-2020
- Classrooms and class schedules: TEACHER CHART 2019 (1)
- Non-teaching positions for credit toward class tuition NON-TEACHING HELP 2019 1
- Practice charts which you can print to keep track of the student’s practice (so they can earn prizes. 2019-Fall-Practice-Chart
- PSHP Handbook for this year: PSHP HANDBOOK 2019-2020