Notes for Friday, September 28, 2018
8:45-11:00 Julie Guthrie, Sarah Forrester, Jennifer Mitchell
11:00-1:00 Penny Schaetziel, Molly Rohall
12:45-2:45 Buck Schrope, Marissa Weeks
1:45-3:45 Dawn Morley
Parent and Student Notes for September 28, 2018
- Please pay your family bill this week if you did not last Friday. Each family will pay their September bill for 3 weeks in September. This will reflect your student’s classes plus any credits that your family has earned through student teaching or work crews. The payment table is located in the Fellowship Hall and will be open from 8:45-3:00.
- Check out the website for a new PSHP Helpful Information flyer.
- Have students report directly to class. Look on the door for the room signs or ask at the Information Table in the Fellowship Hall if you have any questions.
- Yearbook students and advisors will meet at Noon in the room across from the Asbury office.
- The free drum set class is being offered this week at Noon in the Youth Room and is taught by our percussionist teacher, Mark Pellegrino. This is open to all percussionists.
- All high school girls that need to make sure to try on the Concert Dresses, so we can order the correct size. This week is the last week to try on dresses. See Judy Cymbaluk in the music library.
- Trouble in Tahiti, a Springfield Regional Opera production, has one show Friday, September 28 at 7:30 at the Clara Thompson Hall on the campus of Drury University. A special student rush price of $10 tickets will be on sale at the door starting at 6:45 pm. This is written by Leonard Berstein, an American composer, celebrating what would be his 100th birthday.
- Sign Up for Individual or Sibling picture packages of your family and/ or your children, which you can order. Pictures will be taken outside on October 26 and November 2. Try to sign up when your children are not in classes, if at all possible. We are hoping to have a price list at the Information Table.
- Be sure to check the website for class assignments or bonus questions. Each student ages 8-13 in the beginner or intermediate classes will receive a ticket for each 30 minutes of practice. These tickets can be redeemed at the end of each semester for prizes. http://playhispraises.com
Love Collection for one of our families
We will have a box set up at the Information Table for donations to the Richardson family. Angie, the mom of our PSHP student Ashlynn, has been diagnosed with liver cancer. She started treatments this week at MD Anderson in Houston, Texas. She will have to receive all of her treatments in Houston each week, because it is a trial medicine. She will get a 2 hour treatment each Tuesday and a 6 hour treatment on Wednesday. They will be driving back and forth from Springfield to Houston each week.
We are collecting monetary donations, gas gift cards, and restaurant gift cards to bless this family this fall. Please pray for Angie, Ashlynn, and Roger. There is also a chili fundraiser on Saturday, November 3 that I will get more details for.
Scholastic Resourses and Usborne Books
Next Friday, October 5, Kimberlee Gray will have a table set up in the Fellowship Hall to assist any PSHP parents and students with any educational resources that they need. See below for the email from her explaining more.
- Please add a meeting for Seniors and their parents in the Sanctuary on October 5 at Noon. This is a changed date from October 26.
- Bel Canto please add a performance on Tuesday, December 4 at Asbury for the retired AT&T Telephone Pioneers. Performance time is from 12:10-12:30. More details later.
- Jazz Ensemble and Select Wind Ensemble add Tuesday, December 11 to your performance calendar. The time from 5:00-7:00 will be split among Beethoven and Brahms, Concert Choir and Bel Canto, Singers and Mezzo Choir, as well as Harp Ensemble. Location is Barnes and Noble. More details later.
Peak Stand Orders
We are ordering a second batch of these stands if you missed out on the first batch. Please sign up and pay $30 at the Payment table. We will place orders after October 5. These are normally $42 durable stands that compact into a carrying bag that is included.
PSHP T-shirt contest rules
Please submit your t-shirt entries by Friday, November 16 at Noon.
Use 8.5 and 11 inch paper
Only use black and white colors
Write your name on back of the sheet
The design will be displayed on the back of our PSHP t-shirts that we will order in January.
The design can be hand drawn or computer assisted.
The winner will receive a free t-shirt and will get to sign their name to the design that goes on the back of the shirt.
Winners will be chosen by vote on November 30.
The Friend’s of PSHP will narrow down the choices if needed.
All entries will be displayed on November 30.
PSHP students have inquired about specific days for fundraisers for PSHP with the proceeds being donated to PSHP. Items can be bagged goods-individually wrapped or in ziplock bags. Remember the no nut policy at Asbury. Crafts are also acceptable. These Fridays will be on the last Fridays of the month with our first one starting on Friday, October 26.
To everyone who attended our New Family Meet and Greet last week and to those who brought goodies.
Ava Powell earned a top rating of a I and will perform for a rating at the State Missouri Music Teacher’s Association this fall. Congratulations Ava.