Notes for Friday, November 17, 2017
8:45-11:00 Stephanie Daniels, Julie Guthrie
10:00-12:00 Sarah Potter
11:00-1:00 Linda Maes, ValerieVanBebber
12:45-2:45 Rene Smith, NoelleBurgress
1:45-3:45 Cindy Villegas
PSHP Board: Cheryl Pursselley
Important Notes for Friday, November 17
- Check at the Payment Table as your family folder could have an added charge for guitar foot stools, extra music, or Symphony tickets that were ordered for November 11.
- Combined practice for all Beginner Orchestra students in the Sanctuary at 8:45, which includes all beginner violins, beginner violas, beginner cello/bass, and beginner harp students.
- Combined practice of Mary Did You Know at noon in the Sanctuary. At 12:20 we will practice Hallelujah Chorus and Glory to God for those students that already have that music.
- Beginner and Intermediate Band students will be in their smaller classes tomorrow and not combined.
- Avoid using the south hall of the Fellowship Hall tomorrow as we will have expensive equipment and borrowed lights for our class pictures tomorrow. Thanks!
Meeting for Friday, November 17
The Friend’s of PSHP will meet at 12:10 in Room 203 to organize the prizes for the Prize Store on December 1. The meeting might also move downstairs in Room 150 to see the prizes.
Meal Sign Ups for the Bush family
I will have a sign-up at the Information Table for preparing meals for Melanie Bush and her family. She and her husband Dustin, are band, choir, and theory teachers here at PSHP. Melanie has been put on bedrest for the rest of her pregnancy. She is on a low salt diet and no refined or process foods. They have 5 children at home, 11 years old and younger. Contact Judy Cymbaluk if you have any questions:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-770-2315
No classes next week, Friday, November 24. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.
Prizes Need for the Prize Store on December 1
We are accepting donations for the prize store that will be open on Friday, December 1. Drop them off at the Information Table. The prize store is for students that have earned tickets for practice, etc. Many students use this as a chance to shop for Christmas presents for family members. The ages that use the store are from ages 8-13.
Some ideas of prizes are:
Pencils, erasers, big bubbles, sidewalk chalk, Frisbees, match box cars, playing cards, notepads, glow in the dark items, penny candy, gift cards for fast food, Incredible Pizza, miniature golf. Music items are also appreciated like: rosin, guitar picks, valve oil, music stand.
Extra Class Notes
- All students-Bring your Christmas music with you to class.
- Beginner Band (8:45-10:00) and Intermediate Band (10-11) will be separate tomorrow for their class time during their normal class time.
- Upcoming rehearsals:
- Combined practice on Friday, November 17, and December 1 at Noon in the Sanctuary for all students that are preparing Mary Did You Know? (Beethoven, Brahms, Concert Choir, Bel Canto, Praise and Worship, Adoration Band)
- Combined practice for all beginner orchestra students (beginner violin, beginner viola, beginner cello/bass, beginner harp) in the Sanctuary at 8:45 on Friday November 17, and December 1.
Set-Up Crew and Clean-Up Crew
All of the beginner and intermediate band classes will be in their separate classes for the morning.
All of the beginner orchestra students will be meeting in the Sanctuary so we will need 35 chairs set up in the Sanctuary in the morning.
Please leave the south half of the Fellowship Hall open for class pictures this week.
Make Up Day for Yearbook Headshots for all PSHP Students and Teachers will be on Friday,November 17.
All teachers and students will need to have their picture taken for the yearbook.
Please prepare for the make up day on Friday, November 17, if you missed Friday, October 27. Please stop by the Fellowship Hall on Friday.
These pictures will be inside pictures.
All performing groups will have their pictures taken in their performance clothing on November 17 for the Yearbook Photos.
These photos are not for sale, but will be in the Yearbook that can be purchased on line. Pick up a flier at the Information Table.
Upcoming Fundraiser and Christmas Present Possibilities
SHOP at the following etsy website:
For free shipping and to pick up your items at PSHP, use coupon code PSHP2017
If you have questions, please contact Susan at:
Please stop by the PSHP Information Table to check out items that can be ordered online or here at PSHP. Items include t-shirts, mugs, PSHP Canvas Music bags, Luggage tags to label instruments, jewelry, etc. Thank you to Susan Rives for sharing her talents with the rest of us. Check the website for pictures of the canvas music bag! We can save on shipping by ordering on line and having it shipped to one address, then it can be distributed. We also have other options.
- Thank you to the Beethoven and Brahm’sOrchestra students who performed the Pre-Concert at the Springfield Symphony Concert last Saturday. The patriotic music added so much to the Veteran’s Day concert.
- Thank you to the Price family for performing in October for the Springfield Symphony Guild meeting and for also performing at The Springfield Symphony Guild fundraiser last night at McAlister’s Deli.
Upcoming Concerts and Events
- December 2 Location for Christmas Concert location has been found!! This is for the more advanced classes and high school students in Beethoven, Brahms, Harp Ensemble, Concert Choir, BelCanto, Advance Guitar, Classical Guitar Ensemble, Praise and Worship, Adoration Band, Select Wind Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble and Percussion Ensemble. Thank you to Dan Updegrave and Calvary Baptist in Republic, MO. 804 US Highway 60 West. Time of the concert is 2:00. Warm-ups will be at Noon and after. More details to follow!
- December 8 Information. Concert is a come and go concert. Please plan to arrive 30” before your performance time. NO classes will be held on this day, just the 10-15 minute performance at Asbury in the Sanctuary. Please invite friends and family.
10:00 Beginner Orchestra
10:10 Intermediate Orchestra
10:20 Advance Intermediate Orchestra
10:35 Bach Orchestra
10:55 Younger Beginner Guitar
11:05 Older Beginner Guitar
11:15 Intermediate Guitar
11:35 Beginner Band
11:45 Intermediate Band
12:00 Singers Choir
12:15 Mezzo Choir
12:30 Music Composition Students
- Tuesday, December 12 performance at Barnes and Noble from 6:00-7:00. Groups that are performing: Singer’s Choir, MezzoChoir, Concert Choir, Bel Canto, Beethoven, and Brahms. The Harp Ensemble might also perform?