Notes for Friday, November 10, 2017
New notes about performance venue and performances below.
8:45-11:00 Stephanie Daniels, Emily Cluff, Linda Bauers
10:00-12:00 Naomi Schrope
11:00-1:00 Anna Haak
12:45-2:45 Lisa Turney, Noelle Burgress
1:45-3:45 Andrea McCotter
PSHP Board: Tracy Yohn
Important Notes for Friday, November 10
- Last Week was the Payment Day for October. Please pay if you have not already paid for 3 Fridays in October, plus your $7 church usage fee. The Payment Table will be open from 8:45-3:00. Check at the Payment Table as your family folder could have an added charge for guitar foot stools, extra music, or Symphony tickets that were ordered for November 11.
- Combined practice for all Beginner Orchestra students in the Sanctuary at 8:45, which includes all beginner violins, beginner violas, beginner cello/bass, and beginner harp students.
- Combined practice of Mary Did You Know at noon in the Sanctuary. At 12:20 we will practice Hallelujah Chorus and Glory to God for those students that already have that music.
Prizes Need for the Prize Store on December 1
We are accepting donations for the prize store that will be open on Friday, December 1. Drop them off at the Information Table. The prize store is for students that have earned tickets for practice, etc. Many students use this as a chance to shop for Christmas presents for family members. The ages that use the store are from ages 8-13.
Some ideas of prizes are:
Pencils, erasers, big bubbles, sidewalk chalk, Frisbees, match box cars, playing cards, notepads, glow in the dark items, penny candy, gift cards for fast food, Incredible Pizza, miniature golf. Music items are also appreciated like: rosin, guitar picks, valve oil, music stand.
Extra Class Notes
- All students-Bring your Christmas music with you to class starting tomorrow.
- Beginner Band (8:45-10:00) and Intermediate Band (10-11) will be together tomorrow for their class time during their normal class time.
- Upcoming rehearsals:
- Combined practice on Friday, November 10, November 17, and December 1 at Noon in the Sanctuary for all students that are preparing Mary Did You Know? (Beethoven, Brahms, Concert Choir, Bel Canto, Praise and Worship, Adoration Band)
- Combined practice for all beginner orchestra students (beginner violin, beginner viola, beginner cello/bass, beginner harp) in the Sanctuary at 8:45 on Friday November 10, November 17, and December 1.
Set-Up Crew and Clean-Up Crew
All of the beginner and intermediate band classes will be together for the morning.
All of the beginner orchestra students will be meeting in the Sanctuary so we will need 35 chairs set up in the Sanctuary in the morning.
High School Girls who ordered dresses
The dresses should be returned to the students either tomorrow or November 10.
Make Up Day for Yearbook Headshots for all PSHP Students and Teachers will be on Friday,November 17.
All teachers and students will need to have their picture taken for the yearbook.
Please prepare for the make up day on Friday, November 17, if you missed Friday, October 27. Please stop by the room on Friday from 11:00-2:45.
These pictures will be inside pictures.
All performing groups will have their pictures taken in their performance clothing on November 17 for the Yearbook Photos.
These photos are not for sale, but will be in the Yearbook that can be purchased on line. Pick up a flier at the Information Table.
Upcoming Fundraiser and Christmas Present Possibilities Now-November 3
SHOP at the following etsy website:
For free shipping and to pick up your items at PSHP, use coupon code PSHP2017
If you have questions, please contact Susan at:
Please stop by the PSHP Information Table to check out items that can be ordered online or here at PSHP. Items include t-shirts, mugs, PSHP Canvas Music bags, Luggage tags to label instruments, jewelry, etc. Thank you to Susan Rives for sharing her talents with the rest of us. Items can be ordered from October 20 to November 3. We can save on shipping by ordering on line and having it shipped to one address, then it can be distributed. We also have other options.
- Thank you to all who helped with the church fall bazaar set up in the afternoon. Thank you to all for sharing the space at Asbury.
Upcoming Concerts and Events
- Hillcrest High School has a special invitation to all home school students to attend their production of A Charlie Brown Christmas. Showings are November 8-11. Fliers with more information with be at the PSHP Information Table.
- Beethoven and Brahm’s students will be performing as the Pre-Concert at Springfield Symphony Concert on Saturday, November 11 from 6:55-7:20. Performers meet at 6:30 at Hammons Hall, 525 S. JQHammons Parkway. This part is free and you can hear our students from 6:55-7:20. If you want to stay and hear the Spfld Symphony at 7:30, pick up a voucher for a $10 ticket at the PSHP Information Table. Students that are performing will be admitted to the 7:30 concert for free.
- Christmas Concert location has been found!! Thank you to Dan Updegrave and Calvary Baptist in Republic, MO. 804 US Highway 60 West. Time of the concert is 2:00. Warm-ups will be at Noon and after. More details to follow!
- Tuesday, December 12 performance at Barnes and Noble from 6:00-7:00. Groups that are performing: Singer’s Choir, Mezzo Choir, Concert Choir, BelCanto, Beethoven, and Brahms. The Harp Ensemble might also perform?
Links to helpful PDFs
- PSHP practice chart 2017 Fall Semester
- PSHP SCHEDULE – MASTER 2017-2018 (1)
Special Event for Homeschool Highschool Students
Buy before 11/15/2017 to save $5 on the tickets. After that they will be $25 per ticket. Also, second ticket is $5 off.
For more information this is the link to the Facebook Page: