Notes for Friday, November 3, 2017
Please read everything, as there are important updates and information and a lot of great things going on!!
8:45-11:00 Rebecca Tucker, Garry Harris, Mary Birkentall
11:00-1:00 Susan Rives, Sonya Gorman
12:45-2:45 Dave Hennum, Jennifer Lambe
1:45-3:45 Cindy Villegas
PSHP Board: Shelly Burks
Important Notes for Friday, November 3
1. Tomorrow is the Payment Day for October. Please pay for 3 Fridays in October, plus your $7 church usage fee. The Payment Table will be open from 8:45-3:00. Check at the Payment Table as your family folder could have an added charge for guitar foot stools, extra music, or Symphony tickets that were ordered for November 11.
2. Tomorrow the church will be busy as it prepares for the Fall Bazaar on Saturday. Please refrain from using the Kitchen and please remove all personal items from the Fellowship Hall area by 3:00. Thank you for your help!
Prizes Need for the Prize Store on December 1
We are accepting donations for the prize store that will be open on Friday, December 1. Drop them off at the Information Table. The prize store is for students that have earned tickets for practice, etc. Many students use this as a chance to shop for Christmas presents for family members. The ages that use the store are from ages 8-13.
Some ideas of prizes are:
Pencils, erasers, big bubbles, sidewalk chalk, Frisbees, match box cars, playing cards, notepads, glow in the dark items, penny candy, gift cards for fast food, Incredible Pizza, miniature golf. Music items are also appreciated like: rosin, guitar picks, valve oil, music stand.
Extra Class Notes
1. All students-Bring your Christmas music with you to class starting tomorrow.
2. Beginner Band (8:45-10:00) and Intermediate Band (10-11) will be separate tomorrow for their class time.
3. Upcoming rehearsals:
· Combined practice on Friday, November 10, November 17, and December 1 at Noon in the Sanctuary for all students that are preparing Mary Did You Know? (Beethoven, Brahms, Concert Choir, Bel Canto, Praise and Worship, Adoration Band)
· Combined practice for all beginner orchestra students (beginner violin, beginner viola, beginner cello/bass, beginner harp) in the Sanctuary at 8:45 on Friday November 10, November 17, and December 1.
Set-Up Crew and Clean-Up Crew
All of the beginner and intermediate band classes will be separate for the morning.
The afternoon clean-up crew will be setting up the tables in different areas of the church tomorrow for the Bazaar on Saturday. A map will be provided at the Information Table late morning on Friday. Thank you for your help as we share the facility.
High School Girls who ordered dresses
The dresses should be returned to the students either tomorrow or November 10.
Meetings Scheduled for November 3
1. Parent Meeting of Graduating Seniors at Noon in the Sanctuary. This will be the last meeting until Spring.
Guitar Student Notes
1. The Kaufmann’s have donated two new soft guitar cases that they don’t need. Please inquire at the Information Table about them if you wish to have one.
2. The younger beginner guitar class does need a guitar foot rest. We have added the price of $9.30 to your family folder and handed out the foot rests in class. Let the payment table know if you want to purchase it elsewhere. Sorry for any confusion about this.
Upcoming Picture Packages for sale. Tomorrow is the last day, by appointment only
Please meet at the north east doors of the church for your picture 5-10 minutes before your picture time. No one will come and get you, but they might call you if you haven’t arrived yet.
There are now CD’s available to purchase of the pictures for $15. Let me know if you want to add that to your order.
These pictures will be outside with Jennifer Mitchell. Please be sure to bring your money (cash or check) with you, as payment is due when the pictures are taken.
Please sign up for times at the Information Table for picture for November 3. This can be one student, all siblings, or for the whole family! These will make great presents and will be ready in time for Christmas. Prices range from $8 to $15 with package add-ons available. CD’s of the pictures are now available for a fee of $15. Please see Jennifer Mitchell if you would like to edit your order to include this.
Make Up Day for Yearbook Headshots for all PSHP Students and Teachers will be on Friday,November 17.
All teachers and students will need to have their picture taken for the yearbook.
Please prepare for the make up day on Friday, November 17, if you missed last Friday. Please stop by the room on Friday from 11:00-2:45.
These pictures will be inside a room on the south hallway off of the Sanctuary in the Connections Room. It is directly across from the church office.
If for some reason you are getting ready to leave and have not had your picture yet, please stop by the Information Table or by the room for the pictures.
These photos are not for sale, but will be in the Yearbook that can be purchased on line. Pick up a flier at the Information Table.
Upcoming Fundraiser and Christmas Present Possibilities Now-November 3
SHOP at the following etsy website:
For free shipping and to pick up your items at PSHP, use coupon code PSHP2017
If you have questions, please contact Susan at:
Please stop by the PSHP Information Table to check out items that can be ordered online or here at PSHP. Items include t-shirts, mugs, PSHP Canvas Music bags, Luggage tags to label instruments, jewelry, etc. Thank you to Susan Rives for sharing her talents with the rest of us. Items can be ordered from October 20 to November 3. We can save on shipping by ordering on line and having it shipped to one address, then it can be distributed. We also have other options.
1. Thank you to the parents and PSHP Friend’s that organized a delicious Thanksgiving feast for our teachers last Friday. It was very much appreciated by everyone.
2. Thank you to Susan Rives for organizing the PSHP merchandise fundraiser.
3. Thank you to Tracy Yohn and Judy Cymbaluk for organizing the high school concert dresses ordering, fitting, and hemming.
4. Thank you to Renee Neill, Shelly Pichler, and Holly Grandinetti, along with the Yearbook Staff, for organizing the pictures for the yearbook. What a wonderful way to remember our PSHP memories in the future!
Upcoming Concerts and Events
1. Hillcrest High School has a special invitation to all home school students to attend their production of A Charlie Brown Christmas. Showings are November 8-11. Fliers with more information with be at the PSHP Information Table.
2. Come meet pianist composer, Kevin Costley, this Saturday, November 4 at 6:00 in the Fishbowl Room in Lydy Hall on the campus of Drury University. Lydy Hall is directly south of the Clara Thomson Hall. Kevin will be giving a lecture and demonstration. At 7:00 the piano studio of Leann Rodman will presenting a recital next door in Clara Thomson Hall.
3. Beethoven and Brahm’s students will be performing as the Pre-Concert at Springfield Symphony Concert on Saturday, November 11 from 6:55-7:20. This part is free. If you want to stay and hear the Spfld Symphony at 7:30, pick up a voucher for a $10 ticket at the PSHP Information Table. Students that are performing will be admitted to the 7:30 concert for free. Please let me know tomorrow if your family would like to purchase a $10 seat in the same section as the performer’s free seats.