Everybody practice the following for optional seat auditions.
Choice of one of the two following scales for optional seat auditions:
Essentials for Strings, F Major, p. 50 or Bb Major, p, 51. These are 3 octave scales which don’t have to be memorized. The fingerings and scale rhythms are optional.
Prepare your part of choice. for Sounds of Celebration, Volume 1: He Is Exalted. I violin=solo part, II violin=top part of the ensemble, viola=bottom part of the ensemble, cello (either top or bottom notes)
Last Year’s Beethoven and Brahms Students
Performing for the Pre-Concert at the Symphony Concert, Saturday, September 15.
NOTE: The Pre-concert music, performed by last year’s Beethoven and Brahms students, is open and free to the public. If student performers wish to stay and listen to the 7:30 Springfield Symphony they can attend for free, but I need to reserve a seat for them. If anyone else wants to sit in the same section as the students as a PSHP group, you can reserve your seat for $10.
See the following details:
- Please notify me by Monday afternoon at 3:00 pm if you desire a seat for the optional 7:30 concert of the Springfield Symphony. Performers of the Pre-Concert have free seats, but all others are $10 per seat. Everyone will be able to sit as a group this way. KALcello@cs.com
- Friday rehearsal at Asbury, for those that can, from 4:45-5:30 in the Sanctuary.
- Bring music for the following, if you have it still: We will choose from the following. Some of these songs are just Brahms songs.
- I Love You Lord (Sounds of Celebration, Book 1)
- As the Deer (Sounds of Celebration, Book 1)
- Mission Impossible (Movie Favorites)
- Eine Klein Nachtmusik
- Stars and Stripes Forever (Patriotic Favorites)
- Saturday please arrive by 6:30 at JKHammons Hall, 525 S. Hammons Parkway on the campus of MSU. Wear your concert black.
- Pre-Concert Music from 6:55-7:20
- You can leave after the pre-concert music if you are not staying for the 7:30 concert.