PSHP classes meet tomorrow, Friday, January 4!
We are looking forward to returning to our music classes!
Welcome to 2019.
Notes for Friday, January 4, 2019
8:45-11:00 Jemma Burks, Emily Cluff
11:00-1:00 Shelly Tomlinson, Elizabeth Ouellette
12:45-2:45 Amber Jones, Lisa Turney
1:45-3:45 Christy Mitchell
Parent and Student Notes for January 4, 2019
- Pleasepayyour family bill for 3 Fridays in January plus your $7 church fee per family. The payment table is open from 8:45-3:00.
2.The PSHP Directories are ready for you to pick up at the Information Table! They look great and will be so helpful. We have printed one per family. It includes all of the families that gave permission to be included in the directory, plus adult teacher’s and workers are listed at the back. Thank you to Alice Talmage, Marissa Weeks, Liz Lamberson, and Rachel Salomon.
- Be sure to check the website for class assignments or bonus questions, even though most classes did not have an assignment over Christmas break. Each student ages 8-13 in the beginner or intermediate classes will receive a ticket for each 30 minutes of practice. These tickets can be redeemed at the end of each semester for prizes. http://playhispraises.com
- T-shirt designs were be voted on and our design winner is Brenyn Freeman. She will receive her name on the design, plus a free t-shirt.
5 Yearbook class meets tomorrow at Noon.
- No Drum Set Class tomorrow.
- Adult teacher’s meeting tomorrow at 12:10 in Room 203.
- Tomorrow is designated “New Year’s Masquerade” and students and/or teachers are welcome to dress up in costumes. Please make sure that the costumes follow the dress code.
- Tickets for our Fundraiser Banquet on Saturday, March 2 at 6:00 at Aldersgate Methodist in Nixa will be on sale now through February 22. Prices are $15 for 1 set, $25 for 2 seats, $50 for 4 seats, and $100 for 8 seats or the whole table. We will have fliers available this week.
- Beginner Orchestra students will meet in their smaller classes tomorrow. This includes all of the violins, viola, cello, and harp students.
- Beginner and Intermediate Band classes will be in their separate classes tomorrow at their respective times. Beginner Band at 8:45 and Intermediate Band at 10:00.
- Student Evaluations will continue tomorrow. These will be handed to the student in class to take home to their parents. Some classes decided towait until January to finish up their evaluations, so the classes could spend their time preparing for their Christmas Concerts. Bring the evaluations back to class signed by a parent to get a free prize or free ticket.
- The picture packages that have not been picked up yet will be at the Information Table.
- We will have sign-ups for February through May volunteer opportunities at the Information Table. Please stop by and look.
Hall Monitor for Friday, January 11, 2019
8:45-11:00 Linda Maes, Joanna Hamp, Rachele Espy
11:00-1:00 Rebecca Tucker, Maggie Riegle
12:45-2:45 Megan Forrester, Marissa Weeks
1:45-3:45 Debbie Hunsaker
Also for January 11
- Start PSHP T-shirt orders with our new design!
- Student and Adult Theory Teacher’s Meeting at 12:10 in Room 203.
- New date for class pictures is January 11. All students and teachers will need to be in their concert attire for Yearbook class pictures!
- January 25 Senior Pictures for seniors and make-ups for any that missed their yearbook picture in the fall.
Concerts to Attend
- Springfield Symphony has a performance, Saturday, January 12 at 7:30 at JKHammons Hall. The concert features the Mozart clarinet concerto and Hindenmith’sMathis der Maler Symphony. NO vouchers are needed, just go to the Hammons box office to purchase a bronze seat for $12.50.
Love Collection for one of our families
There will be a sign up at the Information Table if you would like to bring a meal for the Richardsons for their family of 3 on a Friday that we have PSHP classes. This can be frozen or ready to bake. We have dates to sign-up for meals through February 22.
We will have a donation box set up at the Information Table for donations to the Richardson family. We are collecting monetary donations, gas gift cards, and restaurant gift cards to bless this family this fall. Please pray for Angie, Ashlynn, and Roger.
- Angie Richardson family
- Shari Wilder and family
- Christina Davis and family