Notes for Friday, October 5, 2018
8:45-11:00 Lisa Jarvis, Anna Haak, Jennifer Lambert
11:00-1:00 Diana Garbuzer, Valerie VanBebber
12:45-2:45 Tracy Williams, Marissa Weeks
1:45-3:45 Dawn Morley
Parent and Student Notes for October 5, 2018
- Each family will pay their October bill for 3 weeks in October. This will reflect your student’s classes plus any credits that your family has earned through student teaching or work crews. The payment table is located in the Fellowship Hall and will be open from 8:45-3:00.
- Check out the website for a new PSHP Helpful Information flier.
- Teacher’s Meeting for adult teachers at 12:10 in Room 203.
- Yearbook students and advisors will meet at Noon in the room across from the Asbury office.
- Meeting for Seniors and their parents in the Sanctuary on October 5 at Noon. This is a changed date from October 26.
- We are ordering a second batch of these stands if you missed out on the first batch. Please sign up and pay $30 at the Payment table. We will place orders after October 5. These are normally $42 durable stands that compact into a carrying bag that is included.
- All students and parents should stop by the Information Table on Friday to proof your information for the Directory that we will be publishing. We would like to correct as many mistakes before we print them.
- Sign Up for Individual or Sibling picture packages of your family and/ or your children, which you can order. Pictures will be taken outside on October 26 and November 2. Try to sign up when your children are not in classes, if at all possible. Click here for the Photo Packages Order Form, It has the prices on it. We also plan to have copies at the sign-up table across from the information table.
- Be sure to check the website for class assignments or bonus questions. Each student ages 8-13 in the beginner or intermediate classes will receive a ticket for each 30 minutes of practice. These tickets can be redeemed at the end of each semester for prizes. http://playhispraises.com/classes/
- Kimberlee Gray will have a table set up in the Fellowship Hall to assist any PSHP parents and students with any educational resources that they need. Click this link for more details: Special Scholastic Event on October 5
- No class next week, Friday, October 12 due to our Fall Break.
FREE Symphony Tickets for Springfield Symphony Concert, Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 7:30
I have been given 50 free tickets for the concert this week. Please email me if you want tickets to the concert which features a vocal soloist, Jennifer Forni in Mahler’s Symphony NO. 4, Barber’s Knoxville: Summer of 1915, and Humperdinck’s Hansel and Gretel. KALcello@cs.com
I will have the tickets in an envelope at the Information Table.
There are not vouchers any longer, but they have cheaper seats at a discount at the box office at Hammons Hall hours from 10-5 Monday-Friday and 2 hours before a concert. $12 per seat cash or check, $12.50 per seat with a credit card in person. Parents can also get this same price and the seats are not in the petite balcony anymore.
Love Collection for one of our families
We will have a box set up at the Information Table for donations to the Richardson family. Angie, the mom of our PSHP student Ashlynn, has been diagnosed with liver cancer. She started treatments this week at MD Anderson in Houston, Texas. She will have to receive all of her treatments in Houston each week, because it is a trial medicine. She will get a 2 hour treatment each Tuesday and a 6 hour treatment on Wednesday. They will be driving back and forth from Springfield to Houston each week.
We are collecting monetary donations, gas gift cards, and restaurant gift cards to bless this family this fall. Please pray for Angie, Ashlynn, and Roger. There is also a chili fundraiser on Saturday, November 3 that I will get more details for.
- Bel Canto please add a performance on Tuesday, December 4 at Asbury for the retired AT&T Telephone Pioneers. Performance time is from 12:10-12:30. More details later.
- Jazz Ensemble and Select Wind Ensemble add Tuesday, December 11 to your performance calendar. The time from 5:00-7:00 will be split among Beethoven and Brahms, Concert Choir and Bel Canto, Singers and Mezzo Choir, as well as Harp Ensemble. Location is Barnes and Noble. More details later.
PSHP T-shirt contest rules
Please submit your t-shirt entries by Friday, November 16 at Noon.
Use 8.5 and 11 inch paper
Only use black and white colors
Write your name on back of the sheet
The design will be displayed on the back of our PSHP t-shirts that we will order in January.
The design can be hand drawn or computer assisted.
The winner will receive a free t-shirt and will get to sign their name to the design that goes on the back of the shirt.
Winners will be chosen by vote on November 30.
The Friend’s of PSHP will narrow down the choices if needed.
All entries will be displayed on November 30.
PSHP students have inquired about specific days for fundraisers for PSHP with the proceeds being donated to PSHP. Items can be backed goods-individually wrapped or in ziplock bags. Remember the no nut policy at Asbury. Crafts are also acceptable. These Fridays will be on the last Fridays of the month with our first one starting on Friday, October 26