Friday, May 18, 2018
8:45-11:00 Alissa Glover, Veronica Kuschel, Jessica Williams
11:00-1:00 Pam Coates, Molly Rohall
12:45-2:45 Alissa Glover
1:45-3:45 Manuela Gohn
PSHP Board Member on Duty: Tracy Yohn
Thanks to all of the students in Bel Canto that performed for the Springfield Symphony Guild. Also, thank you to Suzannah Pugh and Jennifer Sinn for treating the students to lunch at Suzannah’s house!
Thank you to Heather Nelson for arranging to skype with a composer during class last Friday. All are invited to the Music Composition Recital tomorrow, May 18 at 4:00 in the Asbury Sanctuary.
Lost and Found LAST CHANCE to claim
Please check the Lost and Found table for the huge collection of items, to see you can claim anything of yours!
After 2:00 the Lost and Found items will be available for anyone to take and give a new home.
Anything left at 4:45 will be donated to a local charity.
Final Concert Location
The location for our final concerts on Monday, May 21 and Tuesday, May 22 is at High Street Baptist Church located at 900 N. Eastgate. This is located directly east off of Highway 65 between Division and Chestnut Expressway. Division Street is closed east of Highway 65, so you will want to take the Chestnut Expressway exit. Thank you to David and Jonna Bradley for help in finding a location. See more detailed information below by dates.
Final Teacher Gifts
All students are encouraged to write a thank you note to their teachers for a great year and give it to them Friday or at the concerts next week.
This year PSHP is unable to give teacher gifts due to the fact that we spent more than was budgeted on our Music Contest and for our Final Concert location. I am so appreciative of what our teacher’s give each and every Friday.
And of course you are welcome to give your teacher a gift, but that is not expected.
Opportunities for High School students to volunteer
Saturday, June 9 at Jordan Valley Park 2:40-4:00 pm
- 8-10 Members of Beethoven and Adoration Band are needed to help assist children who are wanting to try out instruments at The Petting Zoo, This is sponsored by the Springfield Symphony.
- The instruments are provided by the Symphony.
- Volunteers will be offered free symphony vouchers for a concert in the fall.
- Contact Kathy Love if you can help or sign up at The Information Table.
- The Springfield Symphony will have a free concert in the park at 4:00.
Friday, May 18
- All Friday Classes will meet
- Finish Student Evaluations and give to students.
- Teacher’s Virtual Meeting for program information for May 21 and May 22 Concerts.
Please send info to Kathy by Sunday, May 20, 8:00 pm.
- Last day for Theory Classes, last day to meet at Asbury
- Bring All Incentive Tickets for Prizes, Prize Store Room 104 Open from 10:30-3:30.
- Combined high school classes rehearsal, 12:00-12:30 in Sanctuary
12:00 This Is Amazing Grace 12:20 Jesus Messiah
- Music Composition Recital at 4:00 in Sanctuary. All are invited to come check out our talented PSHP students and hear their compositions.
*(Beethoven will meet from 2:45-3:20, Brahms will meet from 3:20-3:50)
Monday May 21
- Mandatory Final Concert at 6:00 pm at Location at High Street Baptist, 900 N. Eastgate.
- This is our big grand final concert of the year!!
- This will be a come and go concert.
- Plan to arrive 30 minutes before your performance time.
- Set-Up at 4:15.
- There is no official warm-up time.
- Each student will be recognized and given a certificate.
- It is great to acknowledge the great accomplishments of everyone.
|6:00 Beginner Orchestra||7:05 Intermediate Guitar|
|6:15 Recorder||7:17 Intermediate Orchestra|
|6:25 Young Beginner Guitars||7:30 Intermediate Band|
|6:30 Older Beginner Guitars||7:42 Advance Intermediate Orchestra|
|6:40 Singers Choir||7:55 Mezzo Choir|
|6:50 Beginner Band||8:15 Bach Orchestra|
Tuesday, May 22
- Mandatory Final Concert at 6:00 pm at Location at High Street Baptist at 900 N. Eastgate.
- This is our big final concert of the year!!
- Warm-ups will begin at 4:30. Arrive by 4:15 if you are involved in the combined pieces.
- Performances by Beethoven Orchestra, AdvancedOrchestra, Advance Guitar, Classical Guitar Ensemble, Praise and Worship, Concert Choir, Bel Canto, Adoration Band, Select Wind Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble, and Harp Ensemble
- Each student will be recognized and given a certificate.
- It is great to acknowledge the great accomplishments of the students and honor all of the teachers.
Friday, May 25
- End of the Year Picnic from 11:30-2:30 at Smith Park-1536 E. Division
- Teachers please plan to stop by if you can. The students love to see you in a relaxed atmosphere and to sign their yearbooks.
- Bring your lunch; Bring goodies or dessert to share
- Honor all PSHP Graduates; Cake cutting and pictures at 12:30!
- YEARBOOKS will be ready. Signing Party at the Picnic! Stop by the booth to pick up your Yearbooks and to sign yearbooks!
PHANTOM of the OPERA Student Rush Tickets for May 23-June 3 at JKHammons Hall
I hope you have heard the exciting news that the national tour of THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA arrives in Springfield next week! We are pleased to announce that Student Rush tickets will be offered throughout the show’s 16-performance run at Juanita K. Hammons Hall. Please see below for details, and let your students know about this opportunity! A complete schedule of performances, study guide, parking information & more is available on our website at HammonsHall.com.
Cameron Mackintosh’s spectacular new production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s phenomenal musical success, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, will come to Springfield as part of a brand new North American Tour. Hailed by critics as “bigger and better than ever before,” this production boasts many exciting special effects including the show’s legendary chandelier, new scenic and lighting designs, new staging and choreography. The beloved story and thrilling score will be performed by a cast and orchestra of 52, making this PHANTOM one of the largest productions now on tour.
STUDENT RUSH: $25 (plus applicable fees) Available one hour prior to each performance with a valid student ID..limit one ticket per ID.
Please see the details for $25 student rush tickets on the attached by following this link.