Music Notes for Friday, March 23, 2018
8:45-11:00 Michelle Blackwell, Holly Rose, Geraldine Thomas
11:00-1:00 Nichole Gray, Kelly Garrison
12:45-2:45 Maggie Riegle
1:45-3:45 Leslie Patterson
PSHP Board Member: Cheryl Pursselley
- All Beginner Band and Intermediate Band classes will meet together in their larger classes this week at either their normal 8:45 Beginner Band class or their 10:00 Intermediate Band class.
- Beginner Orchestra students will all meet in the Sanctuary for a combined class this week.
- Graduate Informationand $75 is due, if you have not already paid.. Please turn in the information to the Information Table.
- All parents are invited to the PSHP Friend’s Meeting at 12:10 upstairs in Room 203. We will be planning the April Teacher Luncheon, helping with the Graduation reception, and looking to May for Open Houses, Prize Store, and The Final Picnic.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Hand Me Around has been rescheduled for Friday, April 6.
- The Federation schedules for Saturday, March 24 at Evangel were sent out in an email to those that sign up to participate. I will have extra copies and a map at the Info Table if you need them. Be sure to have your music memorized, and to have an original of the music with all of the measures numbered for the judge. Students taking the theory exam will need to bring 2 pencils and an eraser.
- All teachers, parents, and students are asked to stop by the Info Table to check spellings of the names for the Yearbook The Yearbook staff has been working very hard and are about to put the finishing touches on the yearbook.
- Some Asbury ladies will be at PSHP on Friday, March 23 and Friday, April 6 to take preorders on flower sales. They will be set up at the church information table in the hallway as you enter the east church doors. The flowers they order are beautiful and from a local nursery.
Springfield Symphony Concert this Saturday, March 23 at 7:30
- Come see the concert Saturday, March 24 at 7:30 at Hammons Hall at MSU for Beethoven’s 5th Symphony, The Deep, Deep Sea with Flutist Jill Heyboer, Finlandia, and Ginastera’s Concerto Variations. Pick up a voucher at the Info Cube for $10 tickets per person. Come see Elizabeth Suh and Kathy Love.
- The Youth Symphony members will be playing Finlandia with the adult symphony. Come see Sarah Land, Kathleen Powell, Caroline Burke, and Brennyn Freeman.
April 6 is the deadline to receive 2 free personalized pages for your yearbook
April 23 is the deadline to receive free shipping
Price is $17. 93 for each book.
Orders placed after April 23 will have additional shipping costs, but will be shipped directly to your home address.
Check out the website and use this passcode:
Attending The Magic Flute Opera by Mozart with PSHP group
Melanie Bush and her PSHP music history class are attending the Magic Flute at the Gillioz Theater on Friday, April 13 at 7:30. The group rate for tickets is $24.00, but I am checking into this to see if we can get an additional discount. Here’s the link for The Magic Flute.
Monday, March 26 at the Brentwood Library Meeting Room at 6:30 Andrew Curtis, from the Springfield Regional Opera will be singing some operatic Scandinavian songs. He plays the role of Papageno in the SRO production of The Magic Flute. See above for that performance that we are going to as a group.
Please add Saturday, April 28 at 2:30 to your calendar for the first PSHP Graduation Ceremony. Location will be in the Asbury Sanctuary.
Most of the high school students in advance classes will be performing for this event. More details later.
See Kathy Love or Andrea McCotter if you have any questions.
Summer Music Camp Opportunities
This is the time to be thinking if your music student would benefit or enjoy a music camp setting.
I will have some information at the Information Table about String Fling, a camp offered in July at MSU. This is for grades 7-11.
I also have another camp that sent information that I will bring.
The Springfield Symphony Guild also offers music camp scholarships to students that qualify. The deadline for this is Friday, April 13. There is a form to fill out and teacher recommendation letters that will be needed.
Also, The Clay’s will have a book sale next Friday, March 23rd from 8:45am to 2:00pm:
- 50 Cents per book.
- 10 Dollars for a box full of 50-cent-books (Fill up the box with your choice of 50 Cent books and pay 10 dollars.)
- 1 Dollar for the books in like-new condition.
- 10 percent of sales will be donated to PSHP.
Lots of chapter books, picture books, and educational books.
Please set out and leave out all round tables in the Fellowship Hall at the end of the day. Thank you.