Music Notes for Friday, February 9, 2018
8:45-11:00 Amber Neil, Holly Rose, Shelly Pichler
11:00-1:00 Pam Coates, Molly Rohall
12:45-2:45 Elizabeth Ouellette, Terra McAllister
1:45-3:45 Andrea McCotter
PSHP Board Member: Tracy Yohn
- All Beginner Band and Intermediate Band classes will be combined into their larger class this week; 8:45 all Beginner Band Students will meet in Room 210-211, and at 10:00 all Intermediate Band students will meet in 210-211.
- Beginner Orchestra students will meet in their smaller classes this week.
- Harp ensemble students will meet in the Sanctuary this week.
- Student Teacher Appreciation luncheon for all student teachers will meets at Noon in Room 102-103. See below for extra notes about luncheon.
- PSHP Banquet tickets for our An Evening Out, Saturday March 3 at 6:00 at ?????, location to be announced. Aldersgate church called and had to cancel our March 3 location due to their construction. Let me know if you have other ideas for a location that could accommodate 23 tables. The cost is $15 per one ticket or $25 for two tickets. This would make a great Valentine’s Day gift. Dinner choices of chicken fettuccine or pork steak. Theme is the 1920’s.
- Payment Day for February was last Friday. Please stop by the Payment Table, if you were not able to last week, from 8:45-3:00 to pay for 3 Fridays in February and your $7 church usage fee. Any cancelled classes will be credited towards your May bill. So far we have missed two Fridays in January.
Student Teacher Luncheon Donation Information and Help Needed
Tomorrow we are celebrating out talented student teachers who help in a class each Friday. We are providing pizza for them, plus other items.
- Luncheon is from 12:00-12:45 in Room 102-103
- Leave donations brought by 11:30 in the Asbury Kitchen, and make sure it is clearly marked.
- They could use some extra help at 11:30 to set up the room or at 12:45 to clean up the room.
- If anyone would be willing to donate $5 to go towards the pizzas that are already purchased, you can stop by the Payment Table.
- Thank you to Suzanne Ruble and Jenette Clay for organizing this and for all the parents that are contributing!
Extra Student Opportunities
- Sign up to play a solo for evaluation or to take a theory test at the optional Federation Festival on Saturday, March 24 at Evangel. Each student can earn up to 5 points per event and after 15 points they earn a trophy or a gold cup. See Kathy Love, Elizabeth Suh, or Suzannah Pugh for more information. Most students play 2 solos. One of the solos must be from a list and the other solo can’t appear on the list. See the information table to look at the book and requirements. Any age is eligible. Entry fee is $16 and the deadline to sign up is Friday, February 9.
- Any high school student can sign up to perform in an ensemble or solo at the PSHP Banquet, on Saturday, March 3. Sign up at the Information Table.
Please add Saturday, April 28 at 2:30 to your calendar for the first PSHP Graduation Ceremony. Location will be in the Asbury Sanctuary.
Most of the high school students in advance classes will be performing for this event. More details later.
See Kathy Love or Andrea McCotter if you have any questions.
Here’s the link to the downloadable calendar: PSHP SCHEDULE – MASTER 2017-2018 (2)