Music Notes for Friday, February 2, 2018
8:45-11:00 Valerie VanBebber, Mary Birkental, Tiffany Hynson
11:00-1:00 Shari Wilder, Tessa Zundel
12:45-2:45 Lisa Turney, Elizabeth Ouellette
1:45-3:45 Sonya Gorman
PSHP Board Member: Cheryl Pursselley
- All Beginner Band and Beginner Orchestra classes will meet in their smaller classes this week.
- Intermediate Band will meet in their smaller classes this week.
- Harp ensemble students got a new book in class last week. The cost is $15 and it will be charged to your family account for the February fees.
- Year Book meets at Noon.
- PSHP T-shirts are for sale. Check out the colors and info and sign up at the Information Table. Your family account will be charged after we place the order, as there is a discount for more quantities. In the past the shirts have been @$9.00. Deadline to order is this week!!
- PSHP Banquet tickets for our An Evening Out, Saturday March 3 at 6:00 at Aldersgate Methodist in Nixa. Cost is $15 per one ticket or $25 for two tickets. This would make a great Valentine’s Day gift. Dinner choices of chicken fettuccine or pork steak. Theme is the 1920’s.
- Payment Day for February is due tomorrow. Please stop by the Payment Table from 8:45-3:00 to pay for 3 Fridays in February and your $7 church usage fee. Any cancelled classes will be credited towards your May bill. So far we have missed two Fridays in January.
Please come to our February Teacher’s Meeting at 12:10 upstairs in Room 203. We will be discussing the March 3 Banquet Performances, April 20 Music Contest, April 28 Graduation, as well as having some practice in Conducting techniques led by Dan Updegrave and Kathy Love.
Extra Student Opportunites
- Sign up to play a solo for evaluation or to take a theory test at the optional Federation Festival on Saturday, March 24 at Evangel. Each student can earn up to 5 points per event and after 15 points they earn a trophy or a gold cup. See Kathy Love, Elizabeth Suh, or Suzannah Pugh for more information. Most students play 2 solos. One of the solos must be from a list and the other solo can’t appear on the list. See the information table to look at the book and requirements. Any age is eligible. Entry fee is $16 and the deadline to sign up is Friday, February 9.
- Any high school student can sign up to perform in an ensemble or solo at the PSHP Banquet, on Saturday, March 3. Sign up at the Information Table.
Class Opportunities this Week
- Dr. Heather Nelson will be discussing music copyright laws tomorrow in class. This class is open to any student or adult that would like to learn more about the legalities of this issue. Come upstairs to Room 212, next to the Youth Room, at 2:15.
Please add Saturday, April 28 at 2:30 to your calendar for the first PSHP Graduation Ceremony. Location will be in the Asbury Sanctuary.
Most of the high school students in advance classes will be performing for this event. More details later.
See Kathy Love or Andrea McCotter if you have any questions.
- Thank you to PSHP students Sarah Land, Hope Barker, Eli Price, and Nathan Price for ushering for the Springfield Symphony’s Young People Concerts this past week. A special thanks to Nathan for organizing this.
- Congratulations to PSHP students that performed with the Springfield Youth Symphony at the state Music Educators Conference last week at Tan-Tar-A. What a honor for Sarah Land, Kathleen Powell, Caroline Burks, and Brenyn Freeman. We are very proud of you.