PSHP classes meet Friday, January 25
The Campbell Entrance to Asbury is closed due to sewer repairs.
Please use the entrance off of South Street, on the east side of the church.
You can access South Street from the north on Bennett Street and from the South on Portland Street.
8:45-11:00. Jennifer Worm, Joanna Hamp, Jenna Burks
11:00-1:00. Rebecca Tucker, Maggie Riegle
12:45-2:45. Amber Jones
1:45-3:45. Cindy Villegas
Please make it a point to stop by the Information Table to sign up for volunteer jobs from February through May.
Parent and Student Notes for January 25, 2019
- Please pay your family bill for 3 Fridays in January, if you have not already, plus your $7 church fee per family. The payment table is open from 8:45-3:00.
- Senior Pictures for the Yearbook are tomorrow from 11:00-1:45 in the Connections office across from the Asbury church office. Please wear dress clothes and you could bring your instrument if you want.
- Make Up pictures and any retakes for the Yearbook are from 9:30-10:55 and then from 1:50-2:45. These are only head shot pictures. These are in the Connections Office across from the Asbury church office.
- 4. Be sure to check thewebsitefor class assignments or bonus questions, even though most classes did not have an assignment over Christmas break. Each student ages 8-13 in the beginner or intermediate classes will receive a ticket for each 30 minutes of practice. These tickets can be redeemed at the end of each semester for prizes. http://playhispraises.com
- 5. T-shirt orderscontinue this week through Friday, February 1. T-shirts have been $9 or less depending on the number that is ordered. The polo shirts have been around $14.
6.Drum Set Class meets tomorrow in Youth Room.
- Donations of items for the March 2 Banquet are needed for table decoration and also possible silent auction items. See other detailed email.
- Tickets for our Fundraiser Banqueton Saturday, March 2 at 6:00 at Aldersgate Methodist in Nixa will be on sale now through February 22. Prices are $15 for 1 set, $25 for 2 seats, $50 for 4 seats, and $100 for 8 seats or the whole table. We will have fliers available this week.
- Beginner Orchestra studentswill meet in their smaller classes tomorrow. This includes all of the violins, viola, cello, and harp students.
10.Beginner and Intermediate Band classes will be in their separate classes tomorrow at their respective times. Beginner Band at 8:45 and Intermediate Band at 10:00.
11.Student Evaluations will continue tomorrow. These will be handed to the student in class to take home to their parents. Some classes decided to wait until January to finish up their evaluations, so the classes could spend their time preparing for their Christmas Concerts. Bring the evaluations back to class signed by a parent to get a free prize or free ticket.
- Thepicture packages that have not been picked up yet will be at the Information Table.
- We will havesign-ups for February through May volunteer opportunities at the Information Table. Please stop by and look.
- Friday Fundraiser is this week. I know that we will have a Tupperware catalogue and Veronica Kuschel is donating all of the profits to PSHP. She will have the catalogue there this week and next week. Please bring cash for your Tupperware order.
- Sign-Up at the Payment Table for the optional Federation Music Contest. Deadline is January 25 and cost is $16 per entry of solo or theory exam. Contest is on Saturday, March 23 at Evangel. Students will receive written comments and a rating.
Please sign up and pay at the Payment Table. I have to enter this by midnight Friday and I have to have song titles, composers, student birth date, student grade, etc.
New date for class ensemble pictures will be Friday February 1. All students and teachers will need to be in their concert attire for Yearbook class pictures!
Tuesday, January 29 is the free optional Young People’s Concert presented by the Springfield Symphony at 11:15 or 1:00 at High Street Baptist.
- Adoration Band is looking at playing at a basketball game on Tuesday, February 12 at 5:30 at Baptist Bible College, 628 E. Kearney St, Springfield. This is a new date and not on February 21.
- Beethoven and Brahms students will perform a combined concert with the Evangel University Orchestra on Thursday, February 21 at 7:30 at Evangel University Chapel Auditorium.
Practices will be: Friday, February 8 from 3:30-5:00 at Evangel
Friday, February 15 from 3:30-5:00 at Evangel
Thursday, February 21 from 5:30-7:00 at Evangel
Love Collection for one of our families
- There will be a sign up at the Information Table if you would like to bring ameal for the Richardsons for their family of 3 on a Friday that we have PSHP classes. This can be frozen or ready to bake. We have dates to sign-up for meals through February 22.
- We will have a donation box set up at the Information Table for donations to the Richardson family. We are collecting monetary donations, gas gift cards, and restaurant gift cards to bless this family this fall. Please pray for Angie, Ashlynn, and Roger.
- Angie Richardson family
- Shari Wilder and family
- Christina Davis and family