Just a quick note to please print and read the schedule for this Friday, April 5 very carefully.
All 25 performing classes will perform for evaluation in the Asbury Sanctuary on Friday.
No theory classes will meet this week. Each student will come for their warm-up and their performance, then be dismissed. If you are in multiple classes be sure to check your warm-up times. Beethoven and Brahms students are warming up earlier than normal, so the students in Concert Choir and Bel Canto can warm-up in their Orchestra class.
As a teacher, this is one of the most important days of the year! This is a tremendous learning experience for all students and teachers.
I know it is an inconvenience from your normally compact Friday schedule, especially if you have many children taking multiple classes, but it is worth it!
Thank you ahead of time for understanding the benefits of music performances being rated by music professionals with both written and verbal comments.
You are welcome to come hear our performance in the Asbury Sanctuary, but the Sanctuary will need to remain quiet.
Students are expected to wear their concert dress clothes as printed in the Handbook. If in doubt check the handbook that is attached.
On the contest day schedule is listed a warm-up time and room for each group, as well as when to report back to their room. Some of the older students in older classes will warm-up hours before their performance in order for the teacher to warm up all of their groups.
Contest Day Schedule and PSHP Handbook Links
April 5th Notes
- All students will need to bring their music, stand, and instrument, if applicable.
- All students will wear concert dress clothes.
- Please check the Lost and Found Table that will be out, as we have quite the collection!
- The Payment Table will be open.
- Stop by the Information Table to see sign-ups for Adult Teacher Appreciation Luncheon on April 26, Food for the Graduation Reception on April 27, and Prize Store Helpers for May 17.
- The Coffee Bar will not be open.
- If you are bringing food for the Judges or Teachers bring the food to Room 150 or the kitchen.
Summer Camp Scholarships from Springfield Symphony Guild for Students in grades 7 through 11.
The Springfield Symphony Summer Camp scholarship application deadline is next Friday, April 12. We can hand deliver the applications to the Symphony Office next Friday.
Please check out camps in the area if you are interested in attending.
A teacher will need to write a recommendation letter for you, so please let me know next week if you are interested.
The guild has always been very generous to our students in offering scholarships.
See the links below for more information:
Friday, April 12 is the last day to order your PSHP Yearbook and receive free shipping.
Price is $17.03 for each book.
Orders placed by April 12 will have free shipping, orders placed from April 13 to May 3 will have additional shipping costs, but will be shipped to PSHP, orders placed May 4th or after will have additional shipping but will be shipped to your home address.
Check out the option to add 2 free student pages to personalize your yearbook with your own photos of the year.
Check out the website and use this pass code for PSHP:
Pass code: 1014740501293185
- Friday, April 5 at 7:30, the Springfield Regional Opera will be presenting Bernstein’s Candide Opera at the Gillioz Theater.
- Thursday, April 11 through Saturday, April 13 at 7:00 pm the Evangel University Theatre and Orchestra will be presenting My Fair Lady. Student tickets are $10, and adults are $15. For more information call EU at 865-2815, X 8640.
- Saturday, April 13 at 7:30 the Springfield Symphony will have a concert featuring a classical guitarist on Rodrigo’s Concerto de Aranjuez, Copland’s Appalachian Spring, and Davies’ An Orkeney Wedding with Sunrise.
FREE Performance next Friday April 12 at 10:00 in Sanctuary
The Springfield Symphony String Quartet will have a free concert for our students and families in the Sanctuary at 10:00 on April 12. Any adults and family members are welcome to attend. I would like to invite all string students. The other classes can attend as a class if their teacher wants to attend. There will also be a time for questions.