Visit the WordPress site for this week’s PowerPoint. This week’s lesson is the “The Reformation and Counter-Reformation https://pshpmusichistory.wordpress.com/the-renaissance-reformation-and-counter-reformation/. If you’ve lost or forgotten the password please text or email me using the contact information on your syllabus.
Things to note:
Be sure to look over the PP in its entirety as well as the listening examples.
Assignment for next week:
Research and write a brief paper on at least two of these four composers: William Byrd, John Taverner, Christopher Tye, Thomas Tallis.
- Notable compositions
- Importance to English Music/court/church
- Role played in the English Reformation
- One-three pages total (not per composer), citations and sources cited required.
- Typed, 12 pt. Times or Arial font, single spaced, 1” margins.
- May be e-mailed to me or turned in on Friday.