Jazz Ensemble from 10.14.16
- Begin working and listening to Christmas pieces – Go Tell It, and Joy to the World
- Mark articulation and accents marks for melody of Joy to the World – from styles on recording. Also begin playing with melody for solo section.
- Hymns – Just A Closer Walk with Thee – solo – adjusting melody, write out
- EE for Jazz Ensemble – pg 10-13.
- Don’t Get Around much anymore parts — working all lines.
- Bb Blues scale – & Kenny’ll Make It – first 3 notes of blues scale for soloing
- Assign 10/28 – Take me out to the Ball Game by ear
- See Web for bonuses – check out these examples and email me a copy of the link or name of your instrument artist/ teacher so I know you saw it – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saxes – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdDb5XClLBI
- Trumpet – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jirqq-c7E0
- Trombone – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSVLiOuTBTM
- Bass Guitar – walking lines : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmbLmWExwsc
Bass gtr – simple blues/jazz solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MFIjMLhFMM