Intermediate Band – Oboe
Also look for the general Intermediate Band post from Mr. Dan.
- Oboe swab (long, thin, usually silk cloth to clean out your instrument).
- Minimum of 2 GOOD reeds
- Tuner (I prefer stand-alone [not smartphone/internet], chromatic tuners. Clip-on are fine.)
- Oboe neck strap to alleviate wrist pain. Here’s the one I recommend (Sold in music stores and many other places online as well.)
This Week’s Assignment:
To Seek the Glorious – Work the difficult intervals especially! For the difficult trill (Db-Eb), check out this chart of fingerings: http://wfg.woodwind.org/oboe/ob_tr2_2.html.
EE Book 2 pages 4-7.
Remember to bring both Patriotic Favorites and Film Favorites with you next week.
Successful practice time:
- Quiet space
- All materials present
- Good Posture
- Warm up with deep breaths for 1-2 minutes (10 seconds in, 10 seconds out)
Successful music practice:
- Look for time signature, key signature(s), tempo(s), dynamics, and accidentals.
- Clap, tap, or buzz rhythm before playing.
- Silently finger/position through the piece in tempo.
- Play through the exercise.
- If you can play through it 4x without a mistake you have mastered it.