Beginner Orchestra Cello Class, Jan. 27 Notes
Review 8 notes on cello in the yellow box at the top of p. 14
Practice p. 16 and 17 and focus on your right hand and bow hold
- Grip your bow with your pointer finger
- Only the tip of your pinky wraps over the top of the bow stick.Don’t let any of the rest of your pinky, your hand or palm touch the bow.
- Keep a relaxed pinky
- Ring finger should curl over bow and touch the dot on the frog, if you have a dot
Practice p. 18 by using the 4 Steps of Putting It All Together. In class we talked about baby steps!
- Step 1say letter names
- Step 2play pizzicato only
- Step 3Air bow or shadow bow (remember not to let your fingers touch the bow hair)
- Step 4Bow and play as written (put it all together)
Bonus? Draw a down bow.