Advanced Guitar Assignments for 9.22.2017
1. Practice page 10-11 Aaron Sheerer Book Two. For those that want to move on to page 12-13 may, optional.
2. Practice page 6-11 Aaron Sheerer Book Three: C major and A minor scales. Use right hand alternating index and middle fingers. Do each scale twice: once using all REST strokes, again using all FREE strokes.
3. Practice chords in the key of C Major: C, F, G7. (I passed out copies with chord chart and chord practice page. Students are encouraged to put copies in a folder to keep safe and organized)
4. OPTIONAL: Students are encouraged to improvise off of the C major scale while the others play the chord.
5. Practice “Deck the Halls” all parts. Part I: use right hand alternate index and middle fingers using a REST stroke. Part II: use right hand alternate index and middle fingers using a FREE stroke. Part III: use right hand thumb using a FREE stroke