Notes for Friday, November 16, 2018
8:45-11:00 Geraldine Thomas, Jennifer Worn, Becca Findley
11:00-1:00 Shelly Tomlinson
12:45-2:45 Buck Schrope
1:45-3:45 Sonya Gorman
Parent and Student Notes for November 16, 2018
- Please pay your family bill for 3 Fridays in November, if you did not pay last week. The payment table is open from 8:45-3:00.
2.Combined rehearsal for all students who have the following music for the next 3 Fridays at Noon in the Sanctuary. This includes students in Beethoven, Brahms, Bel Canto, Concert Choir, Adoration Band, Praise and Worship, and Classical Guitar.
12:00 Unspeakable Joy
12:15 Hallelujah Chorus
12:25 Somewhere in My Memory (we will add in Singers and Mezzo Choir students to our practice on Friday, November 16 and 30.
- The PSHP Directories are ready for you to pick up at the Information Table! They look great and will be so helpful. We have printed one per family. It includes all of the families that gave permission to be included in the directory, plus adult teacher’s and workers are listed at the back. Thank you to Alice Talmage, Marissa Weeks, Liz Lamberson, and Rachel Salomon.
- Please bring in prizes for our Prize Store! Leave at the Information Table. We are planning for the store which will be open on Friday, November 30.
- All students are asked to bring all of their Christmas music and books tomorrow! They will need this music each Friday through Christmas.
- Be sure to check the website for class assignments or bonus questions. Each student ages 8-13 in the beginner or intermediate classes will receive a ticket for each 30 minutes of practice. These tickets can be redeemed at the end of each semester for prizes. http://playhispraises.com/classes
- T-shirt designs are due tomorrow by Noon. They will be judged by the adults in the Friend’s Meeting at 12:10. The students will vote on the top choices next Friday. The winner will receive their name on the design, plus a free t-shirt.
- No Yearbook class tomorrow and No Drum Set Class tomorrow.
- Friends’ Meeting at 12:10 in Room 203 or possibly Room 150 to help organize prizes for the Prize Store in 2 weeks.
- Beginner Orchestra students will combine at 8:45 Friday in the Sanctuary for their whole class time. This includes all of the violins, viola, cello, and harp students.
- Beginner and Intermediate Band classes will be in their separate classes tomorrow.
- Student Evaluations will start tomorrow. These will be handed to the student in class over the next 3 weeks to take home to their parents.
No class on Friday, November 23, due to Thanksgiving.
FREE piano notice from Gina Edwards. I have an old high school friend who had a death in the family and now has a piano they don’t want. It is free, just someone needs to pick it up if they want it. Maybe someone at the school would like it? I don’t know what shape it is, but 2 months ago I played on it and it for sure needs tuned, but I don’t recall if there were any other issues with it. If there are, most issues can be fixed by a piano tuner. The body seemed to be in good shape. For those interested, call Craig Danzer at 417-496-5907.
Hall Monitors for November 30 (Let me know if you are not able to help out!)
8:45-11:00 Linda Maes, Jason Hynson, Amy Austin
11:00-1:00 Cindy Faust, Brandi Powell
12:45-2:45 Lisa Turney
1:45-3:45 Kristin McIntyre
Calendar Updates I will be sending out a separate email with Concert Date Details.
- Our Saturday, December 1 concert location is Cherry Street Baptist Church,1201 S. Oak Grove. Thank you to Kevin DeMera for arranging this. Concert is at 2:00. Warm-ups will be earlier and announced in the next two weeks. Please invite friends and family to this wonderful celebration of Christmas and our musical students. This includes all high school classes, as well as Singers and Mezzo Choir for one song, Somewhere in My Memory. Combined music: Unspeakable Joy and Hallelujah Chorus.
- Bel Canto, please add a performance on Tuesday, December 4 at Asbury for the retired AT&T Telephone Pioneers. Performance time is from 12:10-12:30. More details later.
- Jazz Ensemble and Select Wind Ensemble add Tuesday, December 11 to your performance calendar. The time from 5:00-7:00 will be split among Beethoven and Brahms, Concert Choir and Bel Canto, Singers and Mezzo Choir, as well as Harp Ensemble. Location is Barnes and Noble. More details later.
- High school students in high school groups have nursing home performance on Friday, December 21:
11:00 Perform at Elfindale
12:20 Lunch at Asbury with London Calling catering. $7.99 per large pastry, $5 per mini pastry, or you can bring your lunch.
2:00 Perform at Glendale Gardens
PSHP T-shirt contest rules
Please submit your t-shirt entries by Friday, November 16 at Noon.
Use 8.5 and 11 inch paper
Only use black and white colors
Write your name on back of the sheet
The design will be displayed on the back of our PSHP t-shirts that we will order in January.
The design can be hand drawn or computer assisted.
The winner will receive a free t-shirt and will get to sign their name to the design that goes on the back of the shirt.
Winners will be chosen by vote on November 30.
The Friend’s of PSHP will narrow the choices if needed.
All entries will be displayed on November 30.
Concerts to Attend
- Friday, November 16 at 7 30 at the Vandivort. Mozart vs. Salieri
- Saturday, November 17 at 7:30 and Sunday, at 3:30at the Art Museum Amahl and the Night Visitors.
- For everyone’s patience with the impromptu Fire Alarm last Friday. The firemen were impressed with how quickly the students got out and stayed out.
Love Collection for one of our families
There will be a sign up at the Information Table if you would like to bring a meal for the Richardsons for their family of 3 on a Friday that we have PSHP classes. This can be frozen or ready to bake.
We will have a donation box set up at the Information Table for donations to the Richardson family. Angie, the mom of our PSHP student Ashlynn, has been diagnosed with liver cancer. She has treatments each week at MD Anderson in Houston, Texas. She will have to receive all of her treatments in Houston each week because it is a trial medicine. She will get a 2-hour treatment each Tuesday and a 6-hour treatment on Wednesday. They will be traveling back and forth from Springfield to Houston each week.
We are collecting monetary donations, gas gift cards, and restaurant gift cards to bless this family this fall. Please pray for Angie, Ashlynn, and Roger.